Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Collar Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

So im kinda new to all these purebred issues and honestly first time owner of an AmBully xl. I know he's not standing as he should but what your seeing is basically how he looks regardless of his posture. I know there is sway back, high rear and roach but im not that familiar in which it would be and what they mean for my dog in the short and long run. Any information would be appreciated and his age in this photo is 13 weeks old about 38lbs. I'm only feeding his his coloric requirements. Not trying to bulk him or add Weight at all.

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
I agree with FluffyLove, the dog is in an awkward pose to determine. In that picture the right front elbow looks bowed and it does appear to be swayed back. I would bring him to the vet and have them check his conformation, joints, hips etc. just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it is just what FluffyLove says, a weird growth spurt. Please post some more pictures with him standing straight and still.

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay understood. Tried to get some better pics. I hope these help if not I'll attempt when he's up again. Yeah I took him to the vet for sure and was checked for joint issues and all that and they made no mention of it.
Dog Chinese crested dog Carnivore Purple Dog breed

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Collar Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Companion dog

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
You'd need a proper stack. But also, looks like a puppy and they usually go high in the rear for a bit while growing. I have a friend who has an English Mastiff and we called him At-At (like from star wars) for 6 months while he walked around with his butt in the air. He's perfect conformation now.

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Yeah, those pics are better. As long as the vet wasn't concerned it probably is just related to growing. He is a handsome boy, I love the brindle.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts