Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to a humane society on Valentine's Day and picked out a puppy. His form at the shelter said Bulldog mix. When we got home, I looked through the paperwork and one paper says Bulldog, one says Bulldog/mix, and the other says American Bull Terrier. I want to know if he looks like a pit bull as we are not suppose to have those where we live. We live in a military town and they know we live on base, so I think they would have said something if they meant pit bull (the lady said bulldog when I talked to her and that he would probably be smaller than a bulldog as he is obviously mixed with something else). She only referred to him as a bulldog or bulldog/mix.

Also, he is right at 3.5 months old (born November 2nd) and either 12 or 17 pounds (papers say different things). His ears and the top of his head have a pinkish undertone that is visible through the fur. His snout/nose seems a lot more narrow than any of the pictures I was looking at for pit bulls/American Bulldogs/bull terriers.

Anyways, any opinions on what type of dog he may be?

He is going to the vet tomorrow and I will ask there, but I was looking for more opinions.

I have been looking at dog pictures online, but none really look just like him.

IMG_0195.jpg Photo by releberh | Photobucket

IMG_0193.jpg Photo by releberh | Photobucket

IMG_0196.jpg Photo by releberh | Photobucket

I just wanted to know if he looks pit bully to other people (I don't think he necessarily does, but I don't know a lot about how different breeds look as puppies), since we are not suppose to have pit bulls where we live.

I am putting my daughter down for a nap, but will check back in a couple of hours.

Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
He looks like a Heinz 57 to me.
Cute markings and love his wonky ears. :)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Definitely no bulldog features and at the end of the day without a pedigree and papers there is no way to know what your pup is mixed with. He is cute as hell and I hope you will give him the good life he deserves. Stick around as this forum has a plethora of dog information in general. Congrats on your new pup he really is darlin

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ADORABLE pup you have! SO CUTE! As other said who knows what breed you have. As far as it falling into the game legislators and some in animal control play (ie guess a pit bull for enforcing breed discriminatory legislation) yes I know some who would consider your dog a "pit bull" or mix thereof based off how it looks. How are your laws written? Every place is different if there is an all out ban, I would move to a place they are not banned just to be safe. Or do they just have special restrictions for so called "dangerous" dogs?

and for those who don't want to click the links these are the pictures posted above:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts