Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Meet Prada!! I know there is no way for anyone to tell me 100% exact breed, bloodline, etc. I got her from a friend & he said he seen the mother & she is definitely Pit but has no idea about the father. The people he got her from said full blooded Pit. She does look alot like the pics of Pit Bull puppies I have seen. I don't care if she is or if she isn't, we will still love her the same!! She has brought alot of joy to the whole family. She has a great personality, very hyper!! She is crate training well at only 6 weeks also :) Can't wait until she gets big enough to play with our Husky, Rage!!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome :) Like I said, it doesn't really matter either way but she has so many characteristics of the Pits...Do you know if there are any special laws in WV concerning Pit Bulls that I would need to follow in case she really starts to look more & more like one?? People are so stereotypical & I don't want any problems!!

By the way, this forum has been pretty helpful so far. I was going to make an appointment to have her tail docked but after reading some posts on here, I found out that I shouldn't because that's not the "standard" for these dogs.

You all have some very beautiful dogs on here as well :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
"Pits" have so many characteristics in common with so many breeds that without paperwork there's no way to tell anything.. how did you get her?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She was given to a friend by someone that he knows. He says that he knows for a fact that the mom was a pit but was unsure of the dad. He had just gotten a Rott puppy who is only 8 weeks old & said there was no way he could handle two little puppies & asked if we wanted her. Even though he is a friend, I was just wondering what you guys thought because I am unsure if he was telling the truth or not just so he could get her out of his hair...LOL

Anyway, he brought her over in a crate & when she came crawling out of there, I was hooked right from the start!!! She is just sooo cute with her blue eyes, red fur, & that little face :) :)

I've never been good with puppies, but have managed to do exceptionally well with housebreaking her so far. I've only had her a week & she is already scratching at the door to go outside!!! However, do you have any advice on how to get her to quit chewing on EVERYTHING??!! She has several different toys but seems to get bored quickly & when she does, she walks around the house & just randomly chews on stuff. When she gets in trouble she will walk up to the next thing & chew on it!! I'm not sure how to correct this!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh & the chewing is not just the furniture..She does the same to us..LOL Anytime we pick her up or try to just love on her, she bites & chews...snaps at our face, hands, feet, etc...she is just overly hyper! You can watch her just sit or walk around & look at everything like she is trying to think of what to get into...Just like having a mischievous 2 year old...hahaha

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Well due to my level of professionalism and many years experience in this breed and can say for sure shes full of a whole lot of cuteness! :D

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Your best bet regarding the laws in your area are to call your local animal control or your city center or where ever they list the laws of the county/city you're located in, as they will be able to tell you best.

She's very cute, though. As for her eyes, they will change color. All babies (of most genus and species) are born with blue eyes.

The chewing and biting can be redirected. At 6wks of age, she should still be with her litter as this is the time for her to be learning Bite Inhibition.

Obedience Training - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums
View the threads listed in the section linked above, called Sticky threads, and these will help you as far as the biting/chewing.

I also recommend going in under the General Discussion Section and reading the sticky threads there, as well, regarding Dog Parks and the "pit bull" breeds.

I would like to welcome you to our pack, and I hope you enjoy your stay on our yard.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Got papers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your best bet regarding the laws in your area are to call your local animal control or your city center or where ever they list the laws of the county/city you're located in, as they will be able to tell you best.

She's very cute, though. As for her eyes, they will change color. All babies (of most genus and species) are born with blue eyes.

The chewing and biting can be redirected. At 6wks of age, she should still be with her litter as this is the time for her to be learning Bite Inhibition.

Obedience Training - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums
View the threads listed in the section linked above, called Sticky threads, and these will help you as far as the biting/chewing.

I also recommend going in under the General Discussion Section and reading the sticky threads there, as well, regarding Dog Parks and the "pit bull" breeds.

I would like to welcome you to our pack, and I hope you enjoy your stay on our yard.
Thanks for the welcome :) & all the good advice!! I know she is too young to be away from the litter..I was shocked when he told me she was only 5 weeks when I got her!! People get in too big of a hurry to get rid of animals sometimes :( I will read all of your suggestions & thanks again!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts