Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I am new to this site and look forward to learning here.

Ok so I have a 5 month old male pup and a 11 week old female pup . I need to spay as I dont want any unexpected litters.

But what I would like to know what affect it will have on there growth potential once spayed so early.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
There are pros and cons to each. A lot of debate for each side. The ultimate decision for when to spay is up to you, but are you prepared to keep them separated? I personally let mine go until 1-2 for my boys before I neuter. Personal preference. I like males more personally though so if we ever got a female she would be spayed early on. Just how I feel about it. My boys are well contained and don't run loose. I make sure they do not have the opportunity to get out and do their thing with some female roaming around. They're under constant supervision or in their crates inside. There are a lot of threads on here about it. Just search on here

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
I think worrying about growth potential is hoo ha. If your going to spay/neuter just do it! There is no real excuse not to. Way more reasons to do it than not.:thumbsup:

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
If i were you,and you dont want more un-wanted pups,I would wait on the male till he is around 1 and spay the female now. :) or just do them both now!lots of places offer discounts for bully breed dogs

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
If i were you,and you dont want more un-wanted pups,I would wait on the male till he is around 1 and spay the female now. :) or just do them both now!lots of places offer discounts for bully breed dogs
That's what I did, gone Xena done at 6 months and waiting til my GSD is 2 to get him done. No issues so far with her growth that I can tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts