Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, quick question. My 5month old pit usually lays down, belly up as soon as I pet him. I can almost never pet him without him showing me his stomach.

Does this mean he's the submissive type or he just loves belly rubs?

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
whats your experience with animals when the submissin doesn't work?
mine is that they get up grab the other dog, and it's on.
my present pit,she's the worst I've ever had for total opposite. she attempts to lick, and half roll over,whatever to get the other dog to play or is submitting to the situation. it's always with new dogs,she's very neutral.I say neutral, now pussfiedfor A reason.if the other dog lays their ears back,and stiffens,she meets the demeanor.
then it's like talking someone down from suicide with her. sheis on and ready to go.
your talking about A pup,which ultimately this doen'nt strictly apply.
just sharing some of my experience at the front of the topic. it's good to get all the variables up front and folks have something to ponder/work with.
right now, he's just being A happy adolescent.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Time will tell... Does the pup do this to everyone???

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Like WW said, you still got a pup. Time and maturity can change a lot about a dog. I wouldn't read too much into it right now.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
most pups will be submissive with other dogs and people mine will drop when playing with my big dogs if he nips to hard they change there stance and he knows and drops to the floor belly up lol. doesnt necissarily mean he is a submissive dog as he grows that can change. mine like there bellys rubbed though and will drop like that and enjoy a good rub doesnt mean they will submit to another dog infact a couple of my dogs wont I know for a fact. sounds like its just normal puppy behaviour, but good behaviour non the less. this is a good time to praise and give affection while he is in this state :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
The pup is showing submission to you but does not mean it will be a submissive adult or that it is a bad thing. Many of my dogs are submissive to me but they are just fine as far as temperament goes. It is causing any problems is that why you asked?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys and no its not a problem, I rather he be submissive than a glass cannon. This is my first pit so I just have small questions about his behaviors.

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys and no its not a problem, I rather he be submissive than a glass cannon. This is my first pit so I just have small questions about his behaviors.
ask questions, when you don't you leave your dog to uninformed fate.
lotsa folks do that.
we'll always be here.ask,ask,ask.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Beastley does this when he doesn't want to be rotated in the morning. He will roll belly up in hopes I will change my mind and allow his to sleep with his daddy. He did this also with my mastiff when he was a pup. Now he will stand on his own as long as the baby gates separates them. He is becoming more assured as he gets older.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea wait till it's grown. My APBT was a pansy at 5 months....now he will try to get a dog twice his side to play and if the large dog isn't having it, mine just runs around him nipping at him till he chases him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts