Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wanting to buy this dog but i'm not sure if its pure bred or not. the owner does not have papers. I was just wondering if you guys could tell just by looking at it.

Attachments

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
You can not tell if a dog is pure bred by looks.It even harder to guess as a puppy. With no papers, it is just a dog of un known lineage. If you want a puppy, I suggest rescuing if you just want a pet, but if your set on a purebred seek out a respectable breeder, not a back yard breeder that is producing pound bound pups with no papers.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
If it is purebred the breeders should have papers on the parents as well as registering the litter for papers. If you found this pup through the paper, want ads, or craigslist I wouldn't buy it anyways. Just some random BYB pup.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the best way to tell if its pure is to buy a dog with papers lol, only way to truely know otherwise you might as well buy it as a mutt.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
It is a cute puppy, but no way to know as everyone has said. I suggest you look elsewhere, but first stick around here and learn about how to select a breeder. You might have to wait a lil while to get the pup you want but it will be well worth the wait. And a pup is not something to jump into anyway. :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
:goodpost: Everybody else. If you were getting the dog for free, I'd say why not but if money is changing hands, forget it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you're looking for a pure bred animal don't bother dealing with anyone that can't provide registration papers. And if you're buying a dog, don't buy just any old big eared mutt like this one is. There are more than enough dogs of unknown lineage to be had for free, shouldn't have to pay this guy for his.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,440 Posts
Looks like a dog. Who knows, better to be safe than sorry. I'd be willing to bet its not an APBT.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
also looks like he's starting to knuckle over. or maybe the correction is almost finished.

·
Registered
15 Posts
no papers and no parents on site, then hes a mutt regardless if he "LOOKS" pitbullish, wheres the pup at? i might pick him up.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
That pup reminds me of Chalice. Not exactly the same markings. Did the person buy the pup then decided not to keep him? Can you meet the parents?

Chalice as a pup lots of people thought she looked like a boxer.

As you can see she wasnt boxer.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Here is a Box, this is my friends Boxer Turbo he is a great dog. I show this picture to show the muzzle difference between the dogs. Color is the same but that is just about it. Boxers have a totally different rear and front end. Very deep chest, long legs, and different rear. When looking for a boxer mix you can really tell in the head and body if they are mixed. Of course that is just most of the time there will be those few that could fool you. Boxers are far less popular than pit mixes so you have to consider that too.

Here is my friends dog I was talking about, she is an APBT.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Op when your pup gets bigger post some more pics I see mayday in that pup but without papers no saying for sure.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
My friend has a boxer mix that looks almost identical to this dog. That's why I thought maybe a mix.

The dog is boxer/pit mix btw

1 - 18 of 18 Posts