Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just saw "The 9 Most Disgusting Places In Your Home" and the dog bowl is one of them they say to scrub with soap and water once a day.

I rinse Mel's water bowl twice a day and toss that and his food bowl into the dishwasher when the food bowl looks like its getting dirty lol I feel like such a bad owner. Am I the only one who doesn't scrub their dogs bowls everyday? I can't be, can I!?!! lol

Oh in case you're interested:
Not sure of mobile will work for everyone http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3579727?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
Good post for the kibble fed! Most people don't think about the bowl and how gross it can get.

Ecko eats on a towel on the porch. About once a week it gets tossed in the wash with some bleach. We tried the "bowl" thing, it doesn't work well with raw. His water bowl gets rinsed daily and washed in the dishwasher once per week. It's more for the cats though, he doesn't really drink much water anymore.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah never thought about raw needing to be fed outside and how to keep that sanitary. Glad I want the only one who doesn't wash them daily lol

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
Well I feel like real poop. My inside dogs food bowl I don't think has ever been rinsed out. It looks pretty clean to me? They get fresh water once a day inside. My outside dogs have been getting fresh water twice a day to keep up with the heat and their food dishes get rinsed out every day lol. I have my own setup. Every morning the dogs get fresh water in their big water tubs and their food bowls get filled with water as well. Then in the evening they get fresh water again, their food bowls get dumped, rinsed, and they get fed. I've been waiting till the sun goes down every day to feed so they don't get overheated from the food.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Yea I don't do it every day lol. You're not alone Ames. My guys get fresh water every day-they drain it everyday anyways so it's more like twice lol. I do deep clean their bowls, just not as often as they should be apparently.
Well. Ammos used to be cleaned daily when potty training. He would pee in it :/

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I feel like real poop. My inside dogs food bowl I don't think has ever been rinsed out. It looks pretty clean to me? They get fresh water once a day inside. My outside dogs have been getting fresh water twice a day to keep up with the heat and their food dishes get rinsed out every day lol. I have my own setup. Every morning the dogs get fresh water in their big water tubs and their food bowls get filled with water as well. Then in the evening they get fresh water again, their food bowls get dumped, rinsed, and they get fed. I've been waiting till the sun goes down every day to feed so they don't get overheated from the food.

haha right! It gets licked clean twice a day I thought that counted!! lol

Yea I don't do it every day lol. You're not alone Ames. My guys get fresh water every day-they drain it everyday anyways so it's more like twice lol. I do deep clean their bowls, just not as often as they should be apparently.
Well. Ammos used to be cleaned daily when potty training. He would pee in it :/

bahahaha poor Ammos lmao bet you don't miss those days!

You're supposed to rinse and wash a dogs bowl? Whats the point when they still drink out the toilet?
bahahaha the Toilet isn't on the list and is typically cleaner than your dogs bowl, according to the link anyway lmao I guess it depends on how often you clean your toilet though

LOL - I do it every day - -
ooooo YAY you get the gold star owner award!! Good job!!! hahaha

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
the more you clean the weaker the immune system

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
gotta be a first!! - ha ha ha

Cleaning is just part of the ritual. I dont leave them with the dogs cause the would begin punching holes in them and therefore they would not hold water!!
There are many good ways to boost a immune system, not cleaning the food bowl do a whole lot, but it may not be of great harm either. Im ocd as some say and do my best to keep things tidy. Dont need any crazy nasty outbreaks of anything if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear that!! no outbreaks needed at ALL!

Aubs hahaha Whatever you need to tell yourself man ;) I am sure the street has enough bacteria my boy doesn't need it in his bowl lol

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
I hear that!! no outbreaks needed at ALL!

Aubs hahaha Whatever you need to tell yourself man ;) I am sure the street has enough bacteria my boy doesn't need it in his bowl lol
Lol its what i tell myself to justify me being lazy

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Oh I'm quite lazy too... they have a bucket outside that I dump out and refill each day .... but the inside water bowl gets drank often now that its hot. But no... the food bowls don't get washed as often as they should. Lol. But I don't deny that I am lazy. Lol

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well I def don't wash Bella's daily (bad mommy)...maybe once a week. But I do know that the material of the bowl (stainless steel being best) is important and plastic should be avoided (for daily use) because it is porous

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I throw D's food bowl in the dish washer :) he has a giant water tub outside that has to be dumped, rinsed, and scrubbed every day.

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
Stainless Steel bowls help, but still wash em - rinse em out real good - not real hard to do right after you feed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts