Go Pitbull Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I am starting my pup out on Kirkland Signature puppy food. It is a brand you can only get at Costco. I'm not sure if Costco is country wide but at 12$ for 20lbs its a good deal. It also has a true meat product as the first ingredient.

Calorie Content
3,761 kcal/kg (356 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

Ingredients:
Chicken,chicken meal,whole grain brown rice, cracked pearled barley, egg product, beet pulp, chicken fat(preserved with mixed tocopherols and Vitamin E), potatoes,fish meal, flaxseed,natural flavors, brewers dried yeast, millet, potassium chloride, salt, choline, carrots, peas, kelp, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder,
salmon oil (a source of DHA), rosemary extract, parsley flake, dried chicory root, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 28.0% minimum
Crude Fat 17.0% minimum
Crude Fiber 3.0% minimum
Moisture 10.0% minimum
Calcium 1.2% minimum
Phosphorus 1.0%minimum
Zinc 225mg/kg minimum
Selenium 0.4 mg/kg minimum
Vitamin E 250 IU/kg minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids 3.0% minimum*
Omega-3 Fatty Acids 0.5% minimum*
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 0.05% minimum*
KS Brand is supposed to be a pretty good dog food for the price. It's superior to Store brands but not as good as the higher end stuff. All in all a nice middle of the road food :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
We are currently using the Purina Pro Plan puppy food. Abby literally inhales it and is finished in about 2 minutes. She must like the taste.
i used pro plan puppy for a while and really liked so did my dog she would finish be4 i could leave the kitchen, but when i seen how low it was rated on the dog food analysis site (1 star) i switched to the wellness (5 star) and she eats this just as fast as she ate the purina

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been feeding Trippy Natural choice chicken, rice and oatmeal. He was severely underweight when we got him and he has filled out nicely on this food. His stool is regular and never runny, but after seeing the reviews on this food I am switching him to the Evo Red Meats. When I brought the bag home today he wouldn't stop sniffing it. He doesn't even look twice at his regular bag of food.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Been feeding Trippy Natural choice chicken, rice and oatmeal. He was severely underweight when we got him and he has filled out nicely on this food. His stool is regular and never runny, but after seeing the reviews on this food I am switching him to the Evo Red Meats. When I brought the bag home today he wouldn't stop sniffing it. He doesn't even look twice at his regular bag of food.
Peanut is the same way over a bag of evo red meat :)

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Make sure you phase the old stuff out slowly. Are you mixing at least 50/50 of the old and new? You don't want to upset his tummy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I only fed Innova for my puppy then Evo for the adult dogs.... But I am switching to Orijen this food is GREAT.... I did some research on it and alot of people here use it.. Its a top notch food if you dont mind the cost its well worth it for sure....

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I only fed Innova for my puppy then Evo for the adult dogs.... But I am switching to Orijen this food is GREAT.... I did some research on it and alot of people here use it.. Its a top notch food if you dont mind the cost its well worth it for sure....
yay! im glad ur switchin over... ahah i should be a recurituer i swear... no one used it until i started advertising it ahhaha... cant wait til kenya is adult so i can try the fish diet. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Orijen Puppy, man I'm never leaving. But I swear I got knocked over the head when I had to step up to the 30lbs bag....$70 man, sheesh. Not that your getting discounted getting a 15lb or vice versa.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had noah on evo red meats and he loved it but his poo was just too runny and he kept waking up in the middle of the night so we took him to the vet and she told us to put him on Royal Canin puppy food his poop is hardening a little but is rated so low and i want to get him the best any suggestions or has anybody had any experiences with royal canin i would love some feedback...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I had noah on evo red meats and he loved it but his poo was just too runny and he kept waking up in the middle of the night so we took him to the vet and she told us to put him on Royal Canin puppy food his poop is hardening a little but is rated so low and i want to get him the best any suggestions or has anybody had any experiences with royal canin i would love some feedback...
very interesting...I tried the raw diet but also had Peanut on red meat and he was doing fine on it. brand new bag and I tried raw for the past almost 3 weeks Peanut has not had 1 regular poo..Peanut is on meds for that but today I just cold turkey (hes on meds anyway) changed him to Orijen I will definately have to update how he does on this change.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was feeding my pups Iams until I joined this site I am in the process of switching them over to Canidae we are up to about a 70/30 ratio and no problems what so ever. Eventually I hope to switch over to Orijen until then what they get now is ALOT better than Iams:D

41 - 59 of 59 Posts