Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently feeding my puppy Eukanuba large breed. I have been looking at other kibble. And seeing if there is anything better. I just looking for other peoples opinion and help with this. Thanks:)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Not to familiar with that brand , we feed orijen and love the results we see . costs a bit extra then most but figure you get what you pay for. heard good things about taste of the wild as well and seen some gorgeous dogs on here that are fed RAW . I think those would be my only options I would look into if we couldnt feed orijen.

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
I am currently feeding my puppy Eukanuba large breed. I have been looking at other kibble. And seeing if there is anything better. I just looking for other peoples opinion and help with this. Thanks:)
I don't have any first hand experience with Eukanuba. But an APBT shouldn't be fed large breed food. They need a medium breed food, larger breed can be too rich for some dogs and cause growth issues. I've fed everything from blue buffalo, to Taste of the Wild, and I'm currently feeding Professional. There are some foods that are better than others out there, I just try to stay away from foods that have corn/wheat/soy as main ingredients. I actually prefer foods that don't have any grain in them because my dog has issues digesting grain. In the end it all depends on what works for your budget and your dog.

You can check out this website: Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble it has a lot of good info on dogs food and rates them. You'll notice that a lot of the "name brand" companies actually rank pretty low. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I been feeding my puppy Innova Puppy Food, and he has been doing well on it... He has been eating it since he was 3 months, and is now almost 6. he has a healthy coat, very strong and growing at a steady rate. It has ALOT of vitamins, and is IMO a very healthy food for puppies. Its made with a lot of good, natural ingredients, and is considered a "holistic" diet. I got the idea of this food from the food guide, which is a sticky on the health and nutrition section of the forum. here is the link: http://http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html check it out and hope it helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We been feeding our girl Taste of the Wild (specifically High Prairie Canine Formula) and she loves it. It's a grain less food plus it's for all life stages which makes it nice....so no puppy food then adult then senior blah blah blah.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes budget is a big issue for me. I was feeding my dog blue buffalo for a while and they loved it. But now I feed them purina pro plan which they seem to do ok with it. I wish I can stick with blue but I guess pro plan does the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts