Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live New York city and just some of the pet shops tell me to use eukanuba dog food. They said it is specially good for the breed I have. Kings is 6months and when i change him to adult food, I will have an Idea.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Iwouldnt feed eukanuba I think it was decent at one time but from what i have read it isnt great now. Id go with a better brand like TOTW, Origen, Acana , even kirkland from costco would be a better option then eukanuba IMO. just do some research and read the bags look at the ingredients. there are tons of threads on here that tellyou what to look for and recommend good brands to feed, just use the search function at the top of the page there .

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
if you want cheapish dog food go diamond naturals we feed extreme athlete and are really really happy with it. but everything angel said is good too.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Eukanuba is garbage, poor quality ingredients, heavy grains and loads of CORN, by-products, etc. Utterly trash food and theres really no excuse for feeding it because in the same budget you can get your hands on better feed.. Granted might not be 35 - 40lbs like Eukanuba but higher quality feeds will always cost more per pound than grocery store/pet store brands.. Theres a reason for that..

Are you working your hound? Showing? Sports? House pet? Not all foods are created equal and if you give us a little insight on your hound needs we can better suggest some feeds out there.. Though keep in mind what works for one might not work for all.

I'd stay far away from Eukanuba though..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's is an house pet but I would like to start working him out with different thing. He is very active, even inside he will run up and down my hall way, the kids laugh at him cause he look crazy. Plus I didn't know if 6 month was too early to start him with anything.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will also change his food but I know i will have to deal with the runny stole for about few days. With the change of food.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if you switch the food gradually you can eliminate the loose stools sometimes { depends on the dog} but mix the food id say half and half with the old and the new food and gradually over the next few days increase the new food ratio to the old food until its all the new food. { so do this before you run out of the old food or youll have to buy another bag lol.}

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My dog gets a bad belly, I find that if I switch it slower than half and half he has done really well. I do it about a 1/4 new kibbles with 3/4 for a few days, the 1/3 and 2/3 and then half and half, nothing wrong with taking a few weeks to ease your pup into the change. You may also want to look into grain free options (Angel mentioned some) but that could also help for a pup with a bad belly and its the closets you can get to feeding raw, besides actually feeding raw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts