Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the baby on the way we are hoping to get a used SUV with low milage, does anyone recomend any that will have a lot of room and that will be doggy friendly?

Thanks ;)

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
2011 Honda Element - Exterior Photo Gallery - Official Site

I know they are ugly, but a couple of my kennel buddies sport this SUV for both conviences you're looking for. All of the seats fold up, no carpet (you can litterally hose that sucker out), and when the baby comes it's comfortable enough to navigate a car seat in and out of without giving yourself back spasms lmbo.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011 Honda Element - Exterior Photo Gallery - Official Site

I know they are ugly, but a couple of my kennel buddies sport this SUV for both conviences you're looking for. All of the seats fold up, no carpet (you can litterally hose that sucker out), and when the baby comes it's comfortable enough to navigate a car seat in and out of without giving yourself back spasms lmbo.
Thanks for the feedback I dont mind the look of the car but I don't think I can fit groceries and a baby seat in the car at the same time. I need a SUV I can fit Bernie in the back the baby in the backseat and peanut in the front lol

·
Super Moderator
4,578 Posts
I have two kids and Ecko. I bought the Hyundai Tucson. It's a smaller SUV, but the back is plastic and can be brushed out whenever we make beach runs. I originally wanted the Element, but it was out of my price range.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Thanks for the feedback I dont mind the look of the car but I don't think I can fit groceries and a baby seat in the car at the same time. I need a SUV I can fit Bernie in the back the baby in the backseat and peanut in the front lol
Shoot, I promise you, this sucker can do it all! It's definitely worth going and checking out IMO, if you haven't had the opportunity to be hands on with one... I honestly like the Tahoe the best out of all of the SUVs out there... the only draw back with so many dogs is the carpet... You could rhino line a tahoe!

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shoot, I promise you, this sucker can do it all! It's definitely worth going and checking out IMO, if you haven't had the opportunity to be hands on with one... I honestly like the Tahoe the best out of all of the SUVs out there... the only draw back with so many dogs is the carpet... You could rhino line a tahoe!
I will look at them to see what you mean :) plus a 4 cylinder has better mileage.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you really need a full size SUV for a new baby?
If you can show me how to stuff a baby carriage and baby seat and 2080 dollars worth of groceries in a toyota corola or sentra spec v I will not :) oh yeah I forgot to add where am I going to put a 80 pound brindle horse lol

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have two kids and Ecko. I bought the Hyundai Tucson. It's a smaller SUV, but the back is plastic and can be brushed out whenever we make beach runs. I originally wanted the Element, but it was out of my price range.
thanks I will check it out plastic bottom seems like a great idea.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
If you can show me how to stuff a baby carriage and baby seat and 2080 dollars worth of groceries in a toyota corola or sentra spec v I will not :) oh yeah I forgot to add where am I going to put a 80 pound brindle horse lol
Oh honey, when you pack right you can fit it all in a neon :rofl: Trust me, i've been there! well maybe not 2080 dollars of groceries, but close enough 500.00 a 100 pound bullmastiff, and a car seat.

EDIT: It's NOT a comfortable right though lmao

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh honey, when you pack right you can fit it all in a neon :rofl: Trust me, i've been there! well maybe not 2080 dollars of groceries, but close enough 500.00 a 100 pound bullmastiff, and a car seat.

EDIT: It's NOT a comfortable right though lmao
crap I meant to say 280 bucks lol not 2,080.00 worth

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
crap I meant to say 280 bucks lol not 2,080.00 worth
lol ok i was about to say dagum david who the heck you buying all that for!!!! :confused:

280 ok well that is easy spending ;)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol ok i was about to say dagum david who the heck you buying all that for!!!! :confused:

280 ok well that is easy spending ;)
haha yea it's a lot of bags though :(

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a Vibe, and it's not an SUV but it has the plastic like the Honda Element and is very versatile. They've been discontinued but the used ones sell at good prices. I love my Vibe - I can haul 8 foot lumber in it! LOL You should see the looks I get in the Home Depot parking lot. It's like magic!

·
3,272 Posts
i know, it's way to easy to go to the store and come out with two buggies when your shopping for a family =O. don't even get me started with if you shop at a store like sam or BJ's don't know if ya'll have those but if you do you know what i mean when i say you need 2 cars straight up lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
i know, it's way to easy to go to the store and come out with two buggies when your shopping for a family =O. don't even get me started with if you shop at a store like sam or BJ's don't know if ya'll have those but if you do you know what i mean when i say you need 2 cars straight up lol
I work at Costco - big packages are all I know! :roll:

·
3,272 Posts
I work at Costco - big packages are all I know! :roll:
there too!! lol it cheap for the amount you get but dang it if i can ever leave there under 100, truth i got a sams card just to buy dog food lol

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take a look at the Toyota 4Runner or Honda Pilot, they both have a lot more cargo room than they appear to have from the outside. Just skip the third row seat option.
Thanks for the tip I will add those to the list as well :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
there too!! lol it cheap for the amount you get but dang it if i can ever leave there under 100, truth i got a sams card just to buy dog food lol
Leave spending less than $100? LOL! Try going there every day... I've never actually worked it out, but I may spend more than I make. :hammer: I can't even shop at a regular grocery store. There buggies feel tiny - like they were made by Fisher-Price or something.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts