Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has bucked up & quit walking on me on our past three walks. Usually, she is an eager beaver & I have to make her stop. Otherwise she seems fine. She's been eating good, sleeping good, drinking, no vomit, regular stool. She'll do a few laps, then just stop like she is ready to go. She won't go forward, but she eagerly goes toward the house. I thought it may be because she was hot, so I walked her after the sun went down. Same thing. What's up w/ that? Should I try to push her, or let her tell me when she's tired?

·
Registered
776 Posts
My dog has bucked up & quit walking on me on our past three walks. Usually, she is an eager beaver & I have to make her stop. Otherwise she seems fine. She's been eating good, sleeping good, drinking, no vomit, regular stool. She'll do a few laps, then just stop like she is ready to go. She won't go forward, but she eagerly goes toward the house. I thought it may be because she was hot, so I walked her after the sun went down. Same thing. What's up w/ that? Should I try to push her, or let her tell me when she's tired?
if this is sudden .. and she doesnt show signs of tiring out ... id go get her checked .. she could be tellin you she feels poopie

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But there are no other signs of sickness at all. She plays in the house, just doesn't seem to want to walk at all.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
how old? My weather went for 50 to 82 in a night, and Mel had a similar reaction not wanting to go for our normal route. Has the weather changed at all?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
this breed is great at hiding when they are hurt or sick . Could she maybe be sore anywhere feet, joints, ect you wont always see a limp. give her a good rub down I love this cool green stuff I used to get for my horses it feels good on sore areas or if there is heat anywhere it helps cool it down { used it for my horses legs but works great for dogs as well} how old is she? never hurts to get a check up if she is on that border of becoming an older dog you may want to keep an eye on her joints and maybe supplement her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts