Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever people see me dog they tell me she has a small head -__-
i guess to their "pitbull" standard that is. i personally think its fine, maybe a little small for her body but not as much though for how much :poop: she gets for it haha. Personally i dont care because i think shes beautiful, and shes only 18 months (1yr 6 months old) so shes still growing from what i hear right?
Like i said i dont really care anyways i dont want a dog with a huge melon, its not exactly my cup of tea. i just like proportionate looking dogs:)
what do you guys think, her head isnt that tiny right? XD
or maybe im just sticking up for my girl haha:hammer:

Blondie

her parents

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
she looks fine to me , maybe they are comparing her to american bullys they usually have bigger blockier heads then pitbulls but confuse people cause some still call them pitbulls. To be honest before I came to this site I had no idea what a real pitbull looked like I thought all were big thick and muscular like the bullys.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please no guff, im not someone who measures there dog's head nor do i have any interest in doing so.
just simply want some friendly opinions :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she looks fine to me , maybe they are comparing her to american bullys they usually have bigger blockier heads then pitbulls but confuse people cause some still call them pitbulls. To be honest before I came to this site I had no idea what a real pitbull looked like I thought all were big thick and muscular like the bullys.
they could be.
i didn't really think of that

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
This was my ADBA registered Brandy. I took the same small head stuff from people. She was a great dog. It's not the size of the head, it's the size of the heart. Your dogs head is done growing.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL I have a male with a massive head , doesnt mean theres anything in it though lol, wats inside is more important then how big it is :)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
your pup is fine, as you know. People always tell me Gargamel has a huge head, but I dont see it or care. I kinda feel like leave his head alone, lol. Its perfect just the way it is, as I am sure you pus head is. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is she truly done growing though at 18 months like he said?
both her parents are bigger than her so i would figure she would at least get the same size as them, i thought they kept growing up till 3 years? not 1 year

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
18 months I would say no from what i seen with our dog , 1st year was growing upwards and our boy filled out until about 3 , even the last 6 months I have noticed his head get bigger and his overall structure just filled out more. Id say until 3 years they grow.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
18 months I would say no from what i seen with our dog , 1st year was growing upwards and our boy filled out until about 3 , even the last 6 months I have noticed his head get bigger and his overall structure just filled out more. Id say until 3 years they grow.
thats what i figured.
her parents are pretty decent size.
there not huge or anything but they are for sure still more "mature" looking than her. shes probably as tall as them, or at least somewhat close.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
is she truly done growing though at 18 months like he said?
both her parents are bigger than her so i would figure she would at least get the same size as them, i thought they kept growing up till 3 years? not 1 year
well they get their height by about a year and by 3 their chest and bodies have developed (at least that what I am told) :)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Bullies tend to grow for a few years. The parents of yours look less bully to me and most game dogs I've had might've filled out in the body just 3-5 pounds after 18 months, but the heads never grew.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.