Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its starting to get cold and im going to by my dog a new dog house would a wooden dog house or a igloo dog house be better

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if your handy these ones look great for warmth and fairly simple http://www.gopitbull.com/do-yourself/31548-build-better-dog-house.html
the igloo dont look very warm just plastic I htink those are better just for blocking wind not really cold.
Id makes sure the house is off the ground use a pallet or something , make sure you put something in there to keep them warn , straw works best if you can get it where your at. Id put a blanket or some sort of flap across the dorr that they can get through easily but offers a bit more protection from the cold drafts.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
ive used both and had good results but the dogs would rather go in the wooden one every time and i use cedar chips in all mine it helps keep bugs away if its too cold ill throw some straw in, they have some now cuz its been gettin really chilly where im at. if you are handy with a saw and drill i would build it diys are usually cheaper and just as good or better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.