Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the country and u am debating on getting a dog license. The reason for the debate is because I am worried about my insurance company seeing I have a pit and raise my homeowners insurance or even if there was a bsl they could track my dog and take her from me. I want to follow the law, but at the same time I have these concerns. What is everyone else's thought. My dog is chipped, so if lost its not like I could bot be found if someone turned her in. Some input please.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
where i am you have to lic the dog or it is a 500 fine per time they catch you, now this may sound wrong but what i have done in the past is just call it a mix, say its a lab mix or what have you. most vets will do with that.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I would also license and say it is a mix breed dog. It sucks to lie but at the same time we pit owners need to protect our fur kids. Jmo :)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I have licensed my dog and NOT added her to any insurance policy. No one has come after me. Why do you think they send records to every single insurance company who pays people to cross check any dog that;s registered? Seems far fetched for me... Insurance companies are about making money not spending money to get an premium increase on a couple hundred dollars IF they find people who happen to be insured through the company that spent the money. The only thing you need to worry about is taking the chance your dog would never bite or hurt anyone that would sue you. I guess you gotta weigh the risks for you.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
^ that.

Just because you got your dog a licence doesn't mean your insurance company has to know about it. Also, you should check into State Farm. They know I have a pit and don't care.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I've had my pit bulls licensed and the insurance never knew or found out, And It's been 14 years with my eldest pittie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts