Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i take my male for a walk, he seems like he wants to pee on eveything and anyone in area... is that normal?.. he is not fixed. would getting him fixed help?.. he is 1 year old

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
My boy is neutered and marks on everything when we go on walks too. But not on everyone?? If he were peeing on someone, then I'd be correcting him for it.

But since he only pees on electric poles, mailboxes, bushes, whatever, I don't mind. That's their "email" (I call it pee-mail). They're just exchanging information about their sex, whether they're going into heat, etc, etc, etc. If you don't want him marking on everything, you can teach him a command that means he has to stick with you and just walk and another that "releases" him to do whatever he wants, and that may include marking.

IMO, walking your dog so that they just have to focus on walking with you and doing nothing else is boring for the dog and isn't the point of it. You're walking your dog for THEM, so why not let them do whatever they want (as long as they aren't dragging you down the street, being a menace, etc).

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the above. My grandmother's 6 year old Toy Poodle was neutered at a young age (around 8 weeks) and he still marks on everything when we walk.

Dakota is a squatter, people make fun of him, but I strongly encourage it. <3 squatters xD

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Kane pops his leg up sometimes .... I actually prefer it when he does that cause when he squats he pees on his front legs, lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
As soon as My boy was neutered he stopped marking. I guess it depends on the dog. Now he marks sometimes, but for the most part has cut down to 40 times a walk to 5, lol. Totally changed after he was fixed. He also pulled less on his leash and has not humped another dog or human since.

Mel squats if there is nothing to go for, I hate it too, splashes up more when he squats than just lifting and getting it away from him.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Kane has only humped twice, and both times were after he'd been neutered, haha.
haha, yeah I am sure he would do it again if he felt the need, just never has.

I feel bad cause when he was about 8 months we accidentally made friends with the 9 y/o Tibetan Spaniel next door named Buster. For the next 2 years they humped each other when playing at times. Buster had never humped before Meeting Gargamel. Buster parents said that Buster now humps all the dogs he plays with, lol. oppps. and then I got Mel fixed and he doesn't hump Buster anymore but Buster still humps him like this is how we play, right? why you stop humping me back??? lol poor guy....

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Kane likes to TRY humping his best friend Cecil. He gets too excited when they're playing. But I don't allow him to hump other dogs because some get mad and aggressive about it, I just smack his butt and yell, QUIT IT, and he looks at me like Wut? I didn't do nuthin!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I guess I'm just lucky that Dakota stretches out so much that there's no way the pee would get on his front legs. Then again he's feminine about these things, he avoids stepping in poop or pee.
The other day I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't go into a heel. There was poop next to me. Lol He was giving me a "Really mom? I'm sorry, but no way" look.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kane likes to TRY humping his best friend Cecil. He gets too excited when they're playing. But I don't allow him to hump other dogs because some get mad and aggressive about it, I just smack his butt and yell, QUIT IT, and he looks at me like Wut? I didn't do nuthin!
Lmao! I go thru this everyday! And he looks exactly the same, every pit/dog I've owned has peed on everything too nut not on "anyone" you might wanna do something about that lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
It CAN help. Does it always? Nope but I would highly recommend spaying or neutering your dog if he or she does not have a pedigree along with this marking isn't a bad thing unless it is in the house imo.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
When we go for walks, Lina pees a lot. I call her the P-Queen. We're talking at least 10 times in a 30 minute walk...it's insane! But that's what dogs do, so you gotta let them do it. It's not like I mind or anything...better she does it outside than in the house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts