Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day two of Dog Sports Expo :)

Max came in the morning before it got hot, he is quite the unique special needs boy. Some guy got him to be a guard dog, but it didn't work out so he got rid of him. He ended up in his current home, he was later diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia. One day when they came back from work they noticed something off with him and brought him to the vet. His retinas were detached. They don't know how, the vet thinks he might of ran into something or their other dog hit him while playing. He's blind now, shortly after his hair began to fall out and it grew back white. Their vet said it was the stress of being blind... He was a bicolor, black with tan points. People don't believe he's a papered GSD. I don't know if his story is true, but he sure is a unique boy. He's on meds for his HD, and the poor guy doesn't have the greatest structure.

Dakota met him before, about a year and a half ago when Dakota was still a pup at a previous dog sport event.

Someone needs to tell Dakota that he's blind...

More of Dosia, lighting wasn't that great in this spot. But the good spot was closed off for demos. And stupid me realized... after this was all over... that being right next to the pool would've been the best spot for pictures.

A Scottish Deerhound that was in our CGC preparation class, his name is Pagan. Such a awesome easy going dog.

More jumping.. yes yes I have a horrible tan lol

I love the white on his toes

Dakota says hi

The CGC tester's dog, I believe her name is Danny. She's 8 years old and still leaping off the ground while getting ready for agility.

They were joking and saying the only reason Dakota's so good at jumping is that we do weight pulling.

Another dog from Camp Love-A-Pet was there today! Jet, he is such an awesome boy. When he was in camp he was skin and bone, he looks much better. His coat is healthier too.

Random dogs, although that's a friend's Mal in the background

This poor guy was not doing well in the heat at all

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He gets made fun of by the other members for his long legs. :p

Dosia did awesome for his first time on the dock. A lot of the dogs didn't want to even jump and would only do the ramp.He was well behaved too.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Great action shots, Celeste! Interesting story about Max too.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
What great pictures! Dakota look part Deer! lol

Dosia is such a cutie! he looks like he had fun too. Siren had to be talked into jumping the first few times then she was fine, looks like he needed a pep talk ;)
LOLL yea he totally needed a good pep talk ;) He's doin good though I was proud :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
It was so much fun :) We all had a blast out there. I can't wait for more stuff :)

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Awesome shots!! That GSD made me wonder... do you think that maybe someone dumped some dry ice on him???? B/c like freeze branding in horses, if the skin is damaged w/ a sub-zero refrigerant, the hair will grow in white. That may explain his detached retinas as well. Poor ol' fella.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Great pics I dont remember seeing these when they were posted must have missed somehow... Dosia looks great , that scottishdeer hound are they closely related to the irish wolf hounds? Ugliest dogs out there by far lol, did he do dock diving as well? or just CGC? Hopefully we get these types of events up here soon, just got a new club going they are fundraising to buy the pool and offer shows all over canada with dock diving, weight pull and agility. :) thanks for posting these.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks :) Maxx is a fascinating dog, but he was under their care and stayed with the vet for a bit after his retinas detached. The owners witnessed the hair following out and growing back white. It happened to a dog I used to know awhile ago, just no as severe as his.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts