Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two pits (one female and one male) and when my older neighbor is outside they run over to her yard and bark at her. They do not listen when I call them back and I don't want to have to tie them up when they are outside. How can I make them listen to me and come back home? She has stated that she will shoot them. HELP!!!!
I have been busy with school and I know they have not gotten the exercise need to burn off energy. What do I do?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
are they not in a fenced yard? If a dog charged me barking and not contained id shoot them too. YOU as an owner need to take charge if they dont listen to you off leash put them on a leash and correct them. It is going to take hands on training where you have to go out there with them, they arent going to learn if tehy can turn and run off ignoring you as they are. To them this method is working just fine. If you need to seek out a local trainer who can help you. Really though if you work on basic obedience stay , sit , watch me, come those are the commands they sound like they need work on. If the yard isnt fenced you shouldnt be letting them out without being on a leash it isnt safe for them or other people. If it is fenced well the neighbor has no right to shoot them then , but you should still work on the obedience.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
u need an invisible fence if you dont have an actual fence around your property

1 - 3 of 3 Posts