Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stay in mississippi in the country where each house has no fence. I been walking my to pits for years up and down my street. 2 months ago a family moved up the hill from me where they let there pitbull run lose everyday.One day my friend and i were walking our dogs there dog was tied up. While we were walking we passed be the owner of the dog going to his house. When we were on the way back home (have to pass there house to get to my house) there dog was loose. it ran toward use at full speed ,didnt know what he wanted to do.they didnt try to run after it or nothing. so my friend kicked it when he kicked it the woman and man got mad . talking about its a puppy. WE had are two pits and a child with use. we make sure that the dog dont go after the chid or our dogs because he told use he fight his dog.
So a month later they got another pit. we sitting on our back step. The lady two pit are on my land. We playing with the puppy Once again they running at use full speed trying to get the puppy. so i got a mop to hit it with. The next thing i know the woman Son talking about dont hit my dog Im like keep them mf with u why they all the way over her. so we going back and forward with word. The yesterday im going to get the trash from the end of the road the same two dogs ran from the top of the hill to where im at barking at me. I dont know what to do cant walk my dogs or go outside. because this family want to tie up there dogs

·
Registered
282 Posts
i think the most important part is the fact that they said they fight their dogs... call aspca or sumn... they seriously need to have their dogs taken away now.

·
Registered
859 Posts
If u can if ur state allows it I would def file a complaint to a local pound. I don't care if it's pitbull or not no dog should be running loose. It's not fair to you that u have to be cautious in ur own property an accidnet is waiting to happen. Sadly, some owners don't know any better. I would say talk to your neighbors but there may be some bad blood btwn both of u now???? But I would suggest carrying a staff or long stick to keep the dogs away. If u feel threatned then I don't blame u for kickin the dog of course as long as ur not beating it either lol But I would look into filing a complain.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told my wife that i was going to call but she said dont because we dont know what they might do to our dogs if we get there dog taken away from them. In other worlds she dont want any problems with them

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Yup I would file a complaint for sure , doesnt seem like the type of people you can reason with so I wouldnt even bother trying.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you can do it annonymously , you dont have to give your name

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Wait let me get this straight this guy actually came out and flat out told you he fought his dog?

And I would call animal control on them in a heart beat for not keeping their dog's contained properly there are laws that owner's need to follow to properly contain their animals this fool is not the exception to the rule. You need to call and make a complaint animal control will cite them and they will have to go to court and pay a fine. The longer the dogs continue to run loose like that the more likely something bad is going to happen. Don't worry about anything call animal control and let them know your neighbors are not containing their dogs and allowing them to roam free and you have safety concerns it's completely reasonable.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do any of the other neighbors on your block have dogs? Are they being bothered by these two loose dogs, too? Are these people renters? Maybe if they have a landlord you could speak with them?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
just think if these dogs do something bad bite someone or attack another dog how do you think people in your area are going to react to your dog? It just hurts the breed in general.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea he said it proud that he fight his dogs its people like them who give pitbulls a bad name.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
you said there running loose with noone home? call [email protected] right now and tell them everything see if they can come get them now. tell them how you can't walk your dogs becuase of these people letting there dogs that they clam they fight run loose!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
CALL SOMEONE!!! It's not fair to you, your dogs or their dogs! Hope you can get something worked out!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im the only neighbor thats close to them they are like on the rights side of my house and all the other neighbor are on the left side (like a straight line). its Like a family house that got pass down to here or something. From the first time we told here that our dog are locked up in a kennel that she need to tie hers up.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You should be on the phone right now, while they are not home and their dogs are loose. No dog, of any breed, anywhere should be out roaming unattended like that. They need to be relieved of the responsibility - ASAP!

·
Registered
859 Posts
The only thing u can do pretty much for ur safety and ur dogs safety cuz they do depend on u to keep them safe :) Is report them.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
call animal control and they talk with them, they might have a good way to steer ur neighboor from thinking its you who called. Im sure they dealt with that before.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts