Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My aunt Tina has always had a huge fear of dogs. When she was young she was attacked by 2 labs and was hurt very badly. She has done her best to avoid all dogs ever since.
My family does a camping trip up in Trinity every year and since Ryan has been working so much we decided to just go up for the day. My aunt, uncle, and my two cousins live in the bay area so we don't get to see them often, so it was nice to go up and spend the day with them. I didn't want to leave Dosia home alone for that long so he came with us :)
My little cousin Mike has wanted a dog his whole life and could never have one so he was very excited to have a dog there to play with :) My aunt of corse was nervous at first, with all the bad pit press she wasn't sure about him at all. After watching him play with the boys she started to lighten up a lot.
When lunch was ready we tethered Dosia to the motor home where he had some food and water. She said she was actually amazed by how sweet and gentle he was with the kids, and how well he listened to commands. As we were sitting down he walked up to her slowly, licked her hand and then layed his head in her lap. It was almost like he knew she was afraid of him and he was trying to show her it was ok. It was so cute. She started petting him, which is a huge step for her, and then he gave her more kisses. I was so very proud of both of them.
As the day went on she interacted with him quite a bit more and by the end of the day she was totally calm and comfortable around him :) She even invited him to come down to her house for visits, yay :woof: :woof:
I am so very proud of my boy for helping her get over that fear and showing her how amazing and sweet this breed really is.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
That's awesome! go D! :D

i swear these dogs know exactly what we r thinking. its amazing.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
that is such great news! I totally believe people can change little by little and if that's what it takes, its what we gotta do! So happy Dosia made you so proud! What a good boy! and such relieved to know he is welcome when you go visit, I hate when I cant bring Mel with me when I go out for the day! lol

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :) yea its kind of a bummer when your family thinks you live with a monster. I'm glad we got a chance to change her mind :)

·
Super Moderator
4,656 Posts
I got goosebumps reading this. He's such a great dog. :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Brilliant work, Krystal. When you think about it, these could be the perfect dogs to help people who are scared of dogs. Scary looking (to most), bad rep and totally dependable around people! What more could you ask for?

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, and you are so righ. So sweet and friendly with people :) they are perfect for this :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts