Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The loss of Marley has affected all of us even Dosia. I thought for sure Dosia didn't understand and would be fine but he has become depressed. Marley was buried out in the garden, and I put flowers out for him every morning I also have his favorite stuffed animal out there right next to his head stone. This morning I went out to water all the plants and put some flowers out for Marley and I noticed his bunny was gone. I searched the whole yard and couldn't find it, then I noticed that Dosia was laying under on of the butterfly bushes with it. He wasn't chewing on it just kinda laying his head over it. This was a total shock cause he's the seek and destroy kind of dog and never leaves the stuffing in them for long. When I took the bunny back and put it in it's place Dosia just kinda whimpered under his breath and stayed under the plant with his head down. This was also one of Marley's favorite places to lay during the day. I'm not exactly sure what to do for him. Is there anything I can do for him so he won't be so sad?

Reactions: Sadie

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
poor dosia :(thats sad. Can he have the bunny if he wasnt chewing it or is there another toy of marleys ? maybe something with the scent on him is what he is wanting. So sorry for you all :(

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
OMG Poor Dosia! :( I am not sure any advice for him, maybe just some extra loving. ((hugs)) For you and Dosia.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
poor dosia :(thats sad. Can he have the bunny if he wasnt chewing it or is there another toy of marleys ? maybe something with the scent on him is what he is wanting. So sorry for you all :(
I just gave him Marley's blanket and he's been snuggling on it.
OMG Poor Dosia! :( I am not sure any advice for him, maybe just some extra loving. ((hugs)) For you and Dosia.
Thanks girl (hugs back)

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
poor Dosia.. :( this post makes me sad

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been pretty rough. I still expect to hear him every morning :(

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Krystal, i can only imagine.. i would be a wreck if i had to put one of my dogs down.. hows your boy doin?

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Sad sad :( :( hugs to both u guys.

And yeah...I guess extra lovin and try to keep him occupied

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Krystal, i can only imagine.. i would be a wreck if i had to put one of my dogs down.. hows your boy doin?
I've been a total wreck. Marley was the only one that's been by my side through everything. He was my best friend for the past 11 years and the only one who's helped me though all the toughest parts of my life. I just wish I could have him back. :(
Sad sad :( :( hugs to both u guys.

And yeah...I guess extra lovin and try to kee her occupied
I've been trying my best to keep him busy, but it's been so hard for me to do anything :(

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
It's so hard to lose one... and I have never had to lose one that was bonded in any way with another dog. So I don't know what to tell you to do with Dosia.
But Krystal, I hope you all get to feeling better soon (((Hugs))) girl, keeping you in our thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Awww Krystal I am so sorry for you and Dosia! So hard! I think the only thing that will make it easier is time. Or a new puppy to distract you all ;) Keeping you in my thoughts girl! hugs

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Dogs have to grieve just like humans do, and like humans, the process has no time limit. I think it's great that you gave him Marley's blanket and I think if he wants the bunny, maybe give him that too. I think it will comfort him.

I feel so bad for your whole family.:(

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Krystal as it has been said, if you gave D one of Marley's blankets then he should be fine, dogs do grieve, I know the boys searched the house for over a month after Pooh bear passed. I left her collar on a the wall cause I couldn't bring myself to take it down, i caught the boys on their crate and rotate going over to smell it and rub alongside it, neither one of them would lay in her spot on the couch, it was like she was still there. It was so sad to see my boys go thru that. D will be fine let him grieve, all will be ok in a few weeks, just takes time. HUGS TO YOU BOTH.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
UGH that is so sad! Poor Dosia, time will help and hopefully a girl friend can help sure his sadness. It's hard when a dog passes in the house, all of mine have always mourned in one way or another. When we lost Kaos he was the alpha and ruled the house, everyone was different for about 2 weeks. When Kaos died he was at home so before we took him to be cremated we let every dog go say good buy to him and they all knew he was gone. It was weird, they all went and like paid their respects to him. I did that for a few of my other dogs too, let their buddies smell their body and then it was like they knew. When I lost Neo by Border Collie that was Trinity's buddy and she mourned him for like 2 months. I wish I would have let her say good bye she might have understood better. Give Dosia hugs for us :(

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
This post made me tear up chica, poor Dosia :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts