Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dosia and I are going to try out at Splash dogs this year so I decided to start a diary thread and update his progression. I'm very happy to say he has taken to it very well and is having a ton of fun :woof: Dosia is way prey/toy driven, not to much food driven, so it makes it easier lol
We started off just doing regular swims, no jumping, at the lake and the river to build confidence. He was kinda whussy at first but loves to swim. We got him in an actual pool, he was a bit hesitant at first. Once he learned where the steps where he was ok, but he wouldn't jump in.

Day 1: Our first day on a real dock

I got a nice decoy and headed to the river park. We did some stretches and the some practice swims on the boat ramp.

We got up on the dock and I threw in the decoy. At first he didn't know what to do. He screamed at it for a minute and then plunged in.

Second time around was much better.

Day 2

Totally awesome!
Getting the hang of the jump, and had way more confidence :woof:

Day 3

That's my boy!!!
Now were gettin it! He was amazing today, it was hard to believe this was only his 3rd time on a dock! He's really getting his form down and catching some good distance. :woof: :woof:
Some one's excited!

warm up jumps were a bit dorky lol

fly Dosia fly

now he's really going for it and looking good!
:woof: :woof: So proud of him.

I'm so so proud of him! I'll keep updating this thread as we go and I'll make sure to have a helper to take pics at Splash Dogs event :woof:
If anyone has any tips or pointers please, please feel free to share it would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Dosia is doing awesome...

i've taken Daisy to the river and she went nuts.. i unleashed her and she went straight into the river no hesitation... not sure if she would jump off a dock though, i really wanna try w/ her.. that or weight pull

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You totally should, I bet she'd do great at it!. They have Splash Dog clubs all over the place, I'll see if they have one in your area. They do training classes as well and they always have a pool or dock to practice on. :)

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i've looked it up before.. they have events in my town sometimes

closest one coming up would be at Castaic Lake in Sept.. its about 45 minutes away.. i think she might actually jump too.. i know she wont jump into a pool, or even step in one for that matter... but the river she was all about..

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dosia was the exact same way, that's why I'm so surprised he's progressing so fast. I'm sure she'd be awesome!!

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
great pics! he looks like he is really getting the hang of it, thank you for sharing! I love dock diving dogs!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks girl!!! Were having a blast with it! He makes me so proud, I can't wait for an actual jump. :woof:

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day 4

Couldn't be happier. Dosia is doing amazing! Now he's jumping for distance :woof:

LOL!!!

We had a really great practice today. Dosia was super excited to jump, he couldn't wait for me to throw the ball lol. Poor guy popped his ball and the last time I threw it it sank and we never found it :( Guess we gotta go get a new one now lol.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Day 4

Couldn't be happier. Dosia is doing amazing! Now he's jumping for distance :woof:

LOL!!!

We had a really great practice today. Dosia was super excited to jump, he couldn't wait for me to throw the ball lol. Poor guy popped his ball and the last time I threw it it sank and we never found it :( Guess we gotta go get a new one now lol.
wow i love dosia, hes got such "type"...the first pic says it all!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
He is looking great have fun at splash dogs! Are you throwing the toy off the side? Is he able to get a straight running start? If not I would just suggest having him run straight off the dock where he can get a running start not off sideways. It will give the the ability to run like he would in competition. ;) YAY Dosia!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
He is looking great really starting to get a good stretch out there. Good job Team Dosia!!!!!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow i love dosia, hes got such "type"...the first pic says it all!
Thank you so much :)
He is looking great have fun at splash dogs! Are you throwing the toy off the side? Is he able to get a straight running start? If not I would just suggest having him run straight off the dock where he can get a running start not off sideways. It will give the the ability to run like he would in competition. ;) YAY Dosia!
Thanks Lisa, I can't wait for Splash Dogs. Yea were just kinda going off the side. He can't really jump straight off the front of the dock cause they're a mess of cat tails and water plants growing up out of the water there and they are pretty thick. I'm worried about him getting tangled and drowning. I was planning on signing up for the Splash Dogs class as well so we can get a bit more training and we can use the big dock and get him running. We also just got the go ahead from Ryan's parents to use their pool durring the day while they're at work :woof:

He is looking great really starting to get a good stretch out there. Good job Team Dosia!!!!!
:woof::woof: Thank you so much. I wasn't sure about him at first he was being a big baby ans crying at his toy loll. He's on a roll now though :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
How'd I miss this thread? Dosia looks like he's doing an awesome job! Swimming is great for the body too.

OH! And they're redoing Dog Sports Expo, it'll be sometime in September :D! So more pool time! ^_^

Also, here's that club's information. We haven't been able to practice though :/ Still looking for an area.
http://shastasplash.com/
Darn city needs to get out there and fix the dock!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Those pics are AWESOME!!! Way to go Dosia!! :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How'd I miss this thread? Dosia looks like he's doing an awesome job! Swimming is great for the body too.

OH! And they're redoing Dog Sports Expo, it'll be sometime in September :D! So more pool time! ^_^

Also, here's that club's information. We haven't been able to practice though :/ Still looking for an area.
http://shastasplash.com/
Darn city needs to get out there and fix the dock!
Sweet!!! I can't wait for the Expo!! We'll definitely be jumping at this one :woof:
Thank you so much for the link. Hopefully they fix the dock, or maybe find a new spot :)
Those pics are AWESOME!!! Way to go Dosia!! :)
Thanks girl
:woof::woof:

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Rock the dock Big D!!!!!!!!!!! he looks amazing and I can't wait to see him on the dock and I look forward to hearing of him getting his SPD-B title!!!!!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Amazing! diving. Its really unbelievable. The dog has done a good job. Thanks for sharing the photos.

dive Cozumel | diving Cozumel
Thank you so much :) He really makes me proud.
Rock the dock Big D!!!!!!!!!!! he looks amazing and I can't wait to see him on the dock and I look forward to hearing of him getting his SPD-B title!!!!!
:woof: Thanks girl! He's such a good boy, I'm so lucky to have this fur ball :) I can't wait to get out to events and have fun. I think D would look mighty fine with a nice title :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awesome pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts