Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I take care of the dog, my wife and son wanted a pet to take care of that was low maintenance, and cage kept. So we got a Robo Hamster or robot hamster as Dylan calls him. They are the smallest and fastest of all dwarf hamsters that can run 100 miles in a night... They require a taming process to really be able to handle them. I tested that theroy and the little bugger bit me after a few minutes of letting him climb an ongoing hand wall... so yeah... Taming process... D named him Doug.

I made a bridge and privacy house out of scraps from the pallet wood mailbox project.

And he has a circular rec room with a quality wheel for when he really wants to run!

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
He is a cutie! That is the coolest hamster dwelling I've seen!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
im a hamster breeder here in Ontario, i breed the big hamster known as Syrian hamster i currently have 2 dwarf hamsters, they are brothers i got from a breeder, an my goal is to find a robo hamster but they are hard to find here

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doug has it made.
Thanks Stang and yeah he does... If you figure in his size vs his space, he has the dwarf hamster equivalent of over 10,000 sq ft of living space.

Cute little bugger!!

And that is some hamster house you have set up! Doug is definitely in an upscale neighborhood. : )
Thanks! Yeah he has a mansion!

He is a cutie! That is the coolest hamster dwelling I've seen!
Thanks Coach, me building this is how my wife ended up with the closet done. She flipped out over the house and bridge (made from scrap wood) and demanded her closet organizer, so off to Home Depot I went to buy wood and silence the woman... and have fun building stuff!

im a hamster breeder here in Ontario, i breed the big hamster known as Syrian hamster i currently have 2 dwarf hamsters, they are brothers i got from a breeder, an my goal is to find a robo hamster but they are hard to find here
I wanted a Syrian, they are far more tame to begin with than a robo, but 5 pet stores visited and none had any, only various dwarfs and Dylan picked Doug because he was the active one and not just hiding.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Those creatures are amazing. So much cute right there. :)

we are what we do repeatedly. excellence is then not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts