Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello all. Just wanted to introduce myself. Im Mike and my partner is Chris and we are in Alabama dealing in lines from XtremeBullies Comet, Icon, Extreme, BossyKennels Arnold, Pharoahs Inmate and some Mac 10 and King Lion blood. We also have some Edge blood and some other variations mixed in.

I look forward to chatting with you all

Mike

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hey Mike! Welcome :) we have a few great bully breeders that frequent the forum. Would love to see some pics of your dogs. Do you show in the ABKC? Any champions?

Edit: I just realized you posted your website. You have some nice looking bullies. I especially like your blue and white male in your avatar. I don't see championships on any of them. I tried to read your "contract" section but it states that it is being worked on. $1,000 deposit on pups? I'm afraid to ask how much they are lol! What's the purpose for your breedings as well? Sorry for the questions....just curious :)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Welcome to GP. Just a reminder there is no advertising or selling of dogs on this forum unless you are an authorized breeder. Thank you.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Sorry just curious as to what you are breeding. There are no XXL APBTs nor is there an XXL class for American Bullies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mike! Welcome :) we have a few great bully breeders that frequent the forum. Would love to see some pics of your dogs. Do you show in the ABKC? Any champions?

Edit: I just realized you posted your website. You have some nice looking bullies. I especially like your blue and white male in your avatar. I don't see championships on any of them. I tried to read your "contract" section but it states that it is being worked on. $1,000 deposit on pups? I'm afraid to ask how much they are lol! What's the purpose for your breedings as well? Sorry for the questions....just curious :)
Hi, No we dont have any champions as of yet. We've only put 2 of our dogs in some smaller shows but they did place first in all 3 categories we put them in. All of our dogs are young so we only had 1 that hit a year up until a couple recent pick ups lately of a couple older females. We breed XXL style so there is no XL category in the shows we go to under 1 year old. We have 10 dogs right now and 7 of the 10 are just turning a year or about to be within a month or 2. So we will enter more shows as they get older.

As far as the high amoount of deposit, yes our dogs are more expensive then some due to the line we have and who they come from. Comet, Icon, Arnold...all had stud fees of $10k and their pups run between $2-$7k or more in some instances. We wont charge that much on the 1st pics but will be between $2-$5k on most of our breedings. Our females are in the 80-90 lb range at only 8-10 months and our males are in the 100 lb range in the same age range. So we strive to breed clean XL, great temperment dogs will healthy structures, bone and heads.

As far as our contract, we havent gotten it up yet because the site has just recently been updated and completely changed so thats still in progress.

I welcome any and all questions and I appreciate the compliments on our dogs, Our avatar dog is Lord Calvert who is 2x Comet and 2x Icon so hes going to be a super producer if he holds true to his lines. He was also our first purchase as a breeder so we are excited to see what he can throw. He has a litter with another kennel expected within a week so we will see.

Thanks

Mike
DCB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to GP. Just a reminder there is no advertising or selling of dogs on this forum unless you are an authorized breeder. Thank you.
Oops sorry... didnt mean to over step the boundaries on mentioning the breeding.

In the shows we go to, like Bullypalooza in Atlanta, there is an XL class but only for dogs 1 year or older. I like to say XXL just because I feel mine will be bigger and are bigger than some XL's lol

All of our dogs are Purple Ribbon UKC registered as well.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Welcome to Gp, I did not go to the link but will do so and I do love the Bully in your profile pic, nice lookin dog. And what do you consider a XXL Bully?? Do you health test or anything, what other events or activities do you do with your Bullies?? Do you shou UKC as well or just ABKC?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Oops sorry... didnt mean to over step the boundaries on mentioning the breeding.

In the shows we go to, like Bullypalooza in Atlanta, there is an XL class but only for dogs 1 year or older. I like to say XXL just because I feel mine will be bigger and are bigger than some XL's lol

All of our dogs are Purple Ribbon UKC registered as well.
Yes, there is usually an XL class at every ABKC show. Sorry XXL is a huge pet peeve term of mine. I feel it says "I don't breed to a standard." All puppies must be shown in the Standard class until they are a year old, which is why there is no XL class for puppies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to Gp, I did not go to the link but will do so and I do love the Bully in your profile pic, nice lookin dog. And what do you consider a XXL Bully?? Do you health test or anything, what other events or activities do you do with your Bullies?? Do you shou UKC as well or just ABKC?
Thank you and we appreciate the compliment. ITs just my opinion but Ive seen many XL females thet weigh only 70-80 lbs full grown and many XL males only hit 90 full grown... which dont get me wrong, are big dogs, but our females are hitting that mark at 8-9 months and show signs of being 90-100 lbs or more and males in the 120-130 range full grown. So thats why i use the XXL term... might be politically incorrect but I dont feel we have the standard XL, although we all know XL's are a designer breed for the most part anyway.

As far as health testing, no we havent dont that yet because most of our dogs arent opld enough to breed yet, however it is something we plan on incorporating in our program.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, there is usually an XL class at every ABKC show. Sorry XXL is a huge pet peeve term of mine. I feel it says "I don't breed to a standard." All puppies must be shown in the Standard class until they are a year old, which is why there is no XL class for puppies.
Yes i understand defintiely. Im put one of our XL females in a standard category when she was 6 months old at the Birmingham show and she was 75 lbs so it just looked really odd with all the 30-40 lb dogs out there lol... I mainly did it to get practice and experience for showing.

And I feel like we def have standards in our program. It might not be to others' liking always but thats why there are different opinions I guess :)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Thank you and we appreciate the compliment. ITs just my opinion but Ive seen many XL females thet weigh only 70-80 lbs full grown and many XL males only hit 90 full grown... which dont get me wrong, are big dogs, but our females are hitting that mark at 8-9 months and show signs of being 90-100 lbs or more and males in the 120-130 range full grown. So thats why i use the XXL term... might be politically incorrect but I dont feel we have the standard XL, although we all know XL's are a designer breed for the most part anyway.

As far as health testing, no we havent dont that yet because most of our dogs arent opld enough to breed yet, however it is something we plan on incorporating in our program.
Are you striving to breed to a standard? I mean I understand genetics and they are a beast, but no APBT gets to be 120-1340lbs and it is rare that an American Bully gets to weigh that much either.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Thanks for the response. How old is Lord Calvert? If hes only a year then he shouldn't have been bred yet especially if he hasn't been health cleared. At least I am assuming he is only a year....maybe I'm wrong.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yes i understand defintiely. Im put one of our XL females in a standard category when she was 6 months old at the Birmingham show and she was 75 lbs so it just looked really odd with all the 30-40 lb dogs out there lol... I mainly did it to get practice and experience for showing.

And I feel like we def have standards in our program. It might not be to others' liking always but thats why there are different opinions I guess :)

The whole "I breed for me" mindset is the reason the American Bully is in such a mess.
Every breeder should compare their productions to the standard set forth by the ABKC; furthermore, if his or her production does not meet the standard then said breeder should step back and reassess his or her breeding program. Just my opinion. Anyway, enjoy your stay here and just remember no kennel advertising, no selling dogs, and no advertising breedings unless authorized by the Admin. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you striving to breed to a standard? I mean I understand genetics and they are a beast, but no APBT gets to be 120-1340lbs and it is rare that an American Bully gets to weigh that much either.
Well Im not breeding to an APBT standard. Im breeding to the style of dog that I personally like. And yes you are right... 120-130lbs or more on a Bully IS rare... but thats why i chose the lines I did with my program beacuse ALL of the sire and some of the dams are that size or bigger. Comet is 130-135lbs, Arnold @ 120 lbs, Icon is @ 135 lbs... and most of the dams are 100-110lb of my dogs.

So no its not to an APBT standard... more to my standard and what I like. Its my hobby and doesnt pay my bills and I want it to be fun. I dont wnat to breed to what others think is right and me not be happy with what I breed. :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Ok I gotta go with Lauren, what are you striving for in your breeding program. And these aren't APBT's they are Bullies, nothing wrong with calling them what they are and I am glad to hear you are going to health test when they are old enough. And OMG those are some big ole Bullies, lol. 130lbs is as much as I weigh, as I asked earlier what else do you do with your dogs, any weight pull or anything else you plan on doing with them?? And do you show in the UKC as well as the ABKC? My red male in my profile pic was a full APBT and at 6 mo. old he weighed in at nearly 70lbs, when he was 2 he weighed in at 95 but I realized he was fat so I started working him, weight pull, OB and he dropped to 75, if I conditioned him he was about 68lbs which is still big for an APBT but he looked darn good lol. No APBT should weigh over about 55 to 60 lbs and that is the large end of the scale, lol.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Well Im not breeding to an APBT standard. Im breeding to the style of dog that I personally like. And yes you are right... 120-130lbs or more on a Bully IS rare... but thats why i chose the lines I did with my program beacuse ALL of the sire and some of the dams are that size or bigger. Comet is 130-135lbs, Arnold @ 120 lbs, Icon is @ 135 lbs... and most of the dams are 100-110lb of my dogs.

So no its not to an APBT standard... more to my standard and what I like. Its my hobby and doesnt pay my bills and I want it to be fun. I dont wnat to breed to what others think is right and me not be happy with what I breed. :)
I know you aren't breeding to the UKC or ADBA breed standard trust that, but your intro title would say different "XXL Blue Pitbull." Was looking for the peds on your dogs. Didn't see them on your site.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Is Lord Calvert only a year old?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the response. How old is Lord Calvert? If hes only a year then he shouldn't have been bred yet especially if he hasn't been health cleared. At least I am assuming he is only a year....maybe I'm wrong.
Yes he turned a year in March. And all the reputable breeders I know breed males at a year... ive seen some that breed well before that but I wouldnt do it before a year. I guess that debate is subject to everyones own opinion... and if hes healthy, can produce sperm by a year, then I dont have an issue with it... but I understand some people do and I respect your opinion.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts