Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to keep dry dog food so that it will stay fresh. I read some where that some people keep it in the freezer. Cuz its time to crank up the furnace and its goin to be kinda of warm i have a closed in back porch dat stayscold would dat b the best place? Suggestions and where do u store yours

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I feed raw, however... I do keep dry food on standby all year~

dry food storage toter big enough to hold 60lbs of food, bottom of the pantry.. I used to keep it in the garage but mice and chimpmunks haul it off piece by piece.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wonderin because my girlfriend likes the house extra hot, if it wud stay fresher on the cold porch (its closed in)

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i leave mine on the back patio next to the food bowls.. its in a big plastic bin w/ locking sides.. never had a problem w/ it..

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
never heard about keeping it cool, just make sure it dry and in a air tight container wherever it is.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
we feed raw but up until recently we also fed some dogs kibble and just kept it out in the garage.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
a cooler is a good idea.. its air tight

a 40 lb bag doesnt last more than a month.. i go thru 3 every 2 months, so it doesnt really have a lot of time to get stale

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.