Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum and I just need a little advice. My big guy Blu is a 3yo blue nose brindle mix, and he has been having some really red, flaky skin on his groin and I don't know how to make it go away. I was using coconut oil but I think it's making it worse. He is eating Taste of the Wild: Pacific Stream. I heard that giving them fish oil capsles helps and I wanted to get someone's opinion who uses that method. He's been to the vet and they basically just said he has bad skin but I am taking him again next week because it has gotten worse.
Any advice is welcome and thank you in advance.

Blu and his Mommy!:love2:

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Welcome to GP!

Were he my dog, I'd take him right back to the vet and get them to take another look at him. Yes, blue coated (dilute) dogs tend to have more coat and skin issues than normal, but there are such things as allergies or skin sensitivities that may lie in the environment, or he may have a skin condition such as an overgrowth of mites. He may need further testing to see what the cause is!

Lavender oil mixed in with the coconut can provide additional relief of the itching and inflammation, also.

Best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts