Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eight month old Blue fawn american pitbull terrier and some people say you can crop at any age, theres just no guarenteed they will stand, and others say don't do it for moral reasons. What I what to know is if I had a short crop done like a soldier clip would it wind up looking like crap, and if not does anyone know any vets in the Roseville, MI area that will do croping at this age and not charge a conciderable amount of cash?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
To do cropping at that age you have to find a vet that does laser. Any vet that will do a regular crop at that age should not be a vet....A short crop with Laser could stand, but at that age you are risking having your crop fall.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Little too late to crop, usually between 12 to 15 weeks. Your pups ear cartilage is tougher now so it would be really painful... And like Americanpit said there is also the good possibility of them not standing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.