Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
my vet does them, dr. marshall at hyde grove animal care center 904-781-8038, the surgen does an excellent job!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
When my first female was a puppy, we got her ears cropped. She looks great, but I would never do it again nor would I ever reccomend it to anyone or their dogs. The amount of pain she was in was horendous!!! To me, it is just not worth it.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
When my first female was a puppy, we got her ears cropped. She looks great, but I would never do it again nor would I ever reccomend it to anyone or their dogs. The amount of pain she was in was horendous!!! To me, it is just not worth it.
Cropping is a personal choice and there is nothing wrong with having it done under a vets care. Was your last dog given pain meds? It is a cosmetic procedure and alot of owners here get it done with no issues. Cropped ears are alot to take care of at first, but its not for everyone. My girl has perfect rose prick ears so I chose not to crop. My next pup I may choose different ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eastern NC ear cropping

I have been doing ear crops for 25 years in eastern NC, and have breeders drive from as far away as Wilmington to get puppies ears done prior to sale. We do anything from a battle crop to a show crop, although a medium cut in between is the most popular.

I take a great deal of pride in doing cosmetic crops with little to no complications or pain after surgery. Surgery is same day surgery.

Call us if you would like more info. Preferred weight is 20-25 lbs, but have done larger.

Mark Hayes, DVM
Greenville, NC
Tenth Street Animal Hospital

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is sad to hear of cases such as these. If local anesthetics are used and pain medication is given by injection at the time of surgery and to take home, pain is pretty much not an issue in my experience. I have been doing this for 25 years, and feel that if it is done correctly, the postop pain should be no worse than a spay or neuter.

Mark Hayes, DVM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts