Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
No, I wouldn't be. Are you having them cropped or leaving them natural? Some dogs have perfect rose prick ears, some have ears that stand up straight, and some have ears that both fold over like lab ears. I have also seen some with one ear up and one ear down. Crazy ears give your dog character ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant make up my mind. It may be to late to have them cropped. Her ears look really long to me. I wonder if I should use a foam or mole skin method to train her ears.

Attachments

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
If you want them natural you need to start gluing them now and yes I would be worried and do it now and not wait. If you want to crop nows the time get them done ASAP.
Lisa, would the owner be gluing them to make them more rose prick? I really don't understand the worry unless they are going to show Boo. However, I do agree that if you want to crop her ears to do it now ;)

Side note: Perky, do you walk your pup on that over sized choke chain she is wearing?? I would be more worried about that.....at this young age she should just be on a flat collar JMO ;)
Here is a good thread to read about the dangers of certain collars
http://www.gopitbull.com/obedience-training/38918-prong-vs-slip-dangers-slip-chains.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh No, I plan on getting here a new collar this week. Thats just an old choker that I had lying around. I put it on so she might get used to wearing a collar. By the way, she hates the camera flash.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Lisa, would the owner be gluing them to make them more rose prick? I really don't understand the worry unless they are going to show Boo. However, I do agree that if you want to crop her ears to do it now ;)

Side note: Perky, do you walk your pup on that over sized choke chain she is wearing?? I would be more worried about that.....at this young age she should just be on a flat collar JMO ;)
Here is a good thread to read about the dangers of certain collars
http://www.gopitbull.com/obedience-training/38918-prong-vs-slip-dangers-slip-chains.html
Well if you don't mind ears going all which way then I guess it is not a big deal. I hate ears that are not rose prick and look all goofy. They can turn a great looking animal into a goof ball but that is JMO and why I crop just about all my dogs! lol Gluing them is a great alternative to cropping to get the to sit correctly. I did that with Viper and they look great. Of course all this is cosmetic and just personal preference. I am getting my new pups I just had done at about 16 weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have decided to leave her ears natural. They seem to look more rose prick and even this week. Is this just a growing thing or what? maybe a cowlick type of thing from sleeping?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts