Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here, but I've been browsing this forum for a lot of my questions. One thing I can't really find an answer to is if my dog will need to have it's ears taped, as I don't know enough about the procedure. I recently started reading the stickies and other information I could find, but I still have questions.

She is about 7-9 months old right now, and I adopted her from a shelter. Her name is Bluma. Here are some pics of her ears right now and this is how I got her. I don't know if they should look like they do, or if they require taping? Please inform me here. Thanks for any information.
-Chris

Pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
they look fine to me. Cute dog .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
The only thing I notice here is her left eye, is it droopy and red? looks to mayb have something going on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The vet mentioned something about pitbulls getting cherry eye, or a third eyelid or something along those lines. It was taken care of at the vet already, and looks much better now.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You know that's funny because I was going to say it looked like a cherry eye that was possibly removed or one that may pop up from time to time but I did not want to worry you if that was the case. Then it could have lead to a whole cherry discussion even if I was wrong.

It does go back to bad breeding, did your dog have a cherry eye that was removed already?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah, the lady who sheltered her for the adoption facility said that she had a cherry eye, and that the vet fixed it. Photos are pre-vet visit. I will get some newer ones when I can, she looks much better now.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
oh ok glad it was taken care of. wasnt sure if you were aware that there may be an issue but glad you did :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts