Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im here again with another question, koda has been easty westy for a while now i always figured it was genetic and there really wasent much i can do, but i heard the other day that elevating his food/water bowls and giving him "sure grow 100" will help, is this false information or will it help? and im also wondering if running him a little and everyday walks is going to cause issues with his joints?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
raising the food bowl is a good thing to help but its only going to help if its minor and gentics will play a huge roll in how bad it will or wont be , elevating the dishes , watching his weight { excessive weight will only add to the problems and appearance } is the best things to do . the sure grow IMO waste of money its just a scama proper high quality diet is better then that, if your feeding a good kibble or raw I would never go with supplements with the exception of things like fish oil , glucosamine, omegas ect. As for the running it should be fine if within a reasonable amount , how far do you run? how old is koda now? I wouldnt run a puppy much it can be strenuous on growing joints. If your looking to get competitive and excessive with running or any jumping weight pulling endurance kinda stuff you may want to get the hips and elbows checked to make sure there arent underlying issues there but on a level most of us jog daily just for a bit of exercise it wont hurt him , exercise would more likely help him staying active and fit is best.

Reactions: dixieland

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Toed out is the correct term. I hate "easty westy." Anyway, if it's genetic, no, it won't help; however, if it's because of a pup being overweight, possibly. I'd try Suregrow and raising the food bowl but the majority of dogs who turn out in the front usually do so because of genetics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
koda is now 9 months i walk him atleast 2 miles a day and i run him about 1 mile 2 times a week he really never have been over weight when he was younger im pretty sure its genetics. thank you for your responses

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
im here again with another question, koda has been easty westy for a while now i always figured it was genetic and there really wasent much i can do, but i heard the other day that elevating his food/water bowls and giving him "sure grow 100" will help, is this false information or will it help? and im also wondering if running him a little and everyday walks is going to cause issues with his joints?
This will help dog's who are down in pasterns it has nothing to do with being toed out that is a front end alignment problem caused by bad genetics nothing you can do to fix this some are slightly toed out others are badly toed out. Only thing you can do for this is live with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts