Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that when a dog eats grass, they have an upset stomach but I didn't find anything online that suggested this is more than an old wives tale. Mine go through phases where I can hardly make them stop eating it....other dogs I have had never did this more than once in a blue moon so, I thought I would see how typical y'all thought this may be?

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
My boy loves eating grass. I tried to get him to stop but since it comes out the other end, I just don't let him eat too much. Read they may be lacking something in their food when they eat grass, researched all about it, so many different points of view... basically he only eats the new grass, usually just the ones about to seed, and I don't stress it. he likes it, so whatever. lol

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
mine too. i was joking the other day that he might be part goat. he loves it and i cant make him stop. but then again he'll eat anything!

EDIT: just realized my new avatar fits this thread LOL

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Keira loves grass too... she's just a weirdo lol. :)
She'll eat it even if she just ate (and she eats RAW, so I know her diet is perfect) and since it never causes her any trouble... I just laugh and tell her she's a cow :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ever since my boy was 8 weeks old he's been chowing down on grass. I asked our vet about it and he said it's nothing to worry about. He said some dogs eat grass because they like the taste, can't argue with that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine has been eating grass since I can remember. Before he eats or after, it don't matter. If he wants grass he will eat it, even hunts certain types out. I don't know if its certain breeds that love it or just certain dogs. My other dogs don't care about eating it.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
You think that's bad? I caught both my pups trying to smoke it! No wonder they've been so hungry lately.
Hope they were sharing! lol

Mine has been eating grass since I can remember. Before he eats or after, it don't matter. If he wants grass he will eat it, even hunts certain types out. I don't know if its certain breeds that love it or just certain dogs. My other dogs don't care about eating it.
haha exactly what mine does its like he scans around to find which mound to try first lol. I call him my little piggy cause he snorts when he sniffs it out lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Roo loves grass! She even loves dark salad greens. If I give her a piece of dark lettuce she's less likely to go outside and eat grass.

So maybe she's just watching her girlish doggie figure?

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
You think that's bad? I caught both my pups trying to smoke it! No wonder they've been so hungry lately.
bum bum bummmmmm :)

the acid in the grass (not the good kind) :) naturally help balance their stomach..

·
Super Moderator
4,656 Posts
That made me LMAO! Seriously.

Ecko isn't a grazer, but my last dog Misty, who lives with my Mom is. I called her the cow dog, almost changed her name to Elsie. LOL!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Lina likes eating grass every once in a while. It's usually after she's done running around for a while. But there are times she will just eat it for no apparent reason. Sometimes when she eats it, she pukes. Other times, she doesn't.

No consistency. I usually don't mind it as long as she pukes outside.

·
Banned
118 Posts
I have heard that when a dog eats grass, they have an upset stomach but I didn't find anything online that suggested this is more than an old wives tale. Mine go through phases where I can hardly make them stop eating it....other dogs I have had never did this more than once in a blue moon so, I thought I would see how typical y'all thought this may be?
Both of my dogs eat crass like crazy when they go outside and i know it is not because they are hungry because i feed them 3 times a day but i dont know what it is they just like eating grass lol

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Figures...I spoke too soon.

I was out walking Lina yesterday & she was cowing it up. Next thing...BAARRRRFFF!! Grass infused puke everywhere! Thank God it was outside!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bristol eats grass to. He's done it ever since I got him. I try to stop him from doing it but he just keeps doing it. It doesn't seem like a problem though from other responses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts