Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
A little scrambled eggs won't hurt her ;) That's a cute pic!

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I didn't think they were bad but I wanted to be safe lol.

And I could have sworn I rotated that pic...

I did, cause if you click on it, its right side up... weird

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Hahaha, Keira and Caesar LOVE eggs! Every time I make scrambled eggs, I make a couple of extras for the dogs, so that the kids don't get the sad eyes. :)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
raw eggs are best. i give nismo and lowla 1-2 a week. shell and everything. the shell is good calcium and the egg is equivalent to a meal of protein. so if you give your dog an egg count that as the meal.

My girl Vendetta gets a raw egg every morning for the last 2yrs. She is great shape.
every morning? have you heard of biotein difficiancy?
i was reading that more than 2 eggs a week can result in your dog building up a biotein difficiancy

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Do NOT feed RAW eggs as they have an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin) and can lead to skin and coat problems. I feed RAW and I only feed the egg shells. They are a great source of calcium:
calcium carbonate (94%)
magnesium carbonate (1%)
calcium phosphate (1%)
organic matter (4%).

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Have you seen Vendetta coat it is beautiful. She doesnt shed her coat is glossy and sleek no danderuff or anything. Yes she gets whey and egg every morning. I read a study on Springer rage they had a decrease in seratonin so i started giving her whey which contains tryptophan. I really think it has done wonders for her personality.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Do NOT feed RAW eggs as they have an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin) and can lead to skin and coat problems. I feed RAW and I only feed the egg shells. They are a great source of calcium:
calcium carbonate (94%)
magnesium carbonate (1%)
calcium phosphate (1%)
organic matter (4%).

i thought it was just the whites? or maybe it was the yoke. it was one of them. its been a while since i read it. it was on here i believe

·
Registered
901 Posts
I always give mine 1-2 a week shells and all along with a daily fish oil tablet. His coat is beautiful and shiny and he loves it. But he loves anything I think he was a garbage disposal in his other life. lol

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
What I posted is directly from Deb and she is my nutrition bible :)
well... she's a great nutrion bible i must admit.
though i would have to say its all about how often you gave it. too much of anything is bad thing. but i dont see why every once in a while would be a bad thing. :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I think it depends on the type of food you are giving too. My girl only get farm fresh eggs from chickens that are not fed antibiotic/steriod filled feed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts