Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend in egypt and he posted this pic of his dog he uses for hunting, I have no idea what breed it is but for just a lanky looking dog it looks ripped. kinda a language barrier between us so he keeps calling it animal when i ask about it lol . He was hunting rabbit here , said they only have about a month out of the year for hunting them.
Kinda reminds me of a greyhound on roids lol , anyways thought was interesting and Id share. I have been looking at all his scenic pics this morning and im in love with that country , I wish I could go visit.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Sloughi ... its an African sighthound .. Saluki's are closely related but more prancy and foo foo.. Sloughi IMO is still a working greyhound.. Greyhounds are egyptian in creation in general.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats very cool , thanks for the info , better response then animal lmao

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Your welcome, thats actually a nice dog; thanks for sharing ;) these american greyhounds just dont get the right homes; every greyhound I've seen outside of Mason Kennels he use "cat mill" which was a rabbit decoy; those dogs could run and did allday, in the place I grew up in Oklahoma, has been pampered pets with no outlet.
I've been reading everything on dogs since I was in the 3rd grade; when I started taking care of the wolf dogs my grandpa had; I was in love with the GSD back then and being a kid was unbias to any dog book. Cats too, esspecially big cats.. Cichlid nut as well.. all kinds of useless information.. :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess if the greyhounds were worked or run they would be quite defined as well , good point on them all being pampered pets cant build muscle sittin around the house all day lol. I thought the muscle on this dog was crazy was asking him about him but like I said the language barrier gets in the way sometimes , but they had like 20 pictures of there camping/hunting trip and it was very different then what you see on our trips out here lol. My uncles all hunt so im used to it but seeing rabbit hunting and gazelle hunting is not what i normally see and the desert landscape they have is insane beautiful over there :) too bad its such a mess over there right now would be a fun trip if it wasnt for all the terrorists and war :(

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
WOW thats is a greyhound on steroids! lol Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I guess if the greyhounds were worked or run they would be quite defined as well , good point on them all being pampered pets cant build muscle sittin around the house all day lol. I thought the muscle on this dog was crazy was asking him about him but like I said the language barrier gets in the way sometimes , but they had like 20 pictures of there camping/hunting trip and it was very different then what you see on our trips out here lol. My uncles all hunt so im used to it but seeing rabbit hunting and gazelle hunting is not what i normally see and the desert landscape they have is insane beautiful over there :) too bad its such a mess over there right now would be a fun trip if it wasnt for all the terrorists and war :(
The bipeds, rather than the quadrapeds, are gamer IMO in that region;)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
kool looking dog! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.