Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Ellis to New York for his first weight pull. I think he did pretty well for his first time. He was the second dog to drop out but right after him 5 other dogs dropped out.

I love his face in this one. He's like nope not gonna do it.

he did pull it but only after time was up. It was 460#. Not bad for his first try.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
congratulations!!! Now who has the FEVER??!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Now I cant wait to go to another one. We just need to do more training. He was so exhausted afterwards. He slept from 4:00 untill 9:30 the next morning. Only waking up to eat and go outside.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
WOOOo GO ELLIS!!!!!

He looks great pulling, and I am sure you felt that awesome energy! You two will be hooked for life!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Thanks. Now I cant wait to go to another one. We just need to do more training. He was so exhausted afterwards. He slept from 4:00 untill 9:30 the next morning. Only waking up to eat and go outside.
What do you do for training? I ask because Chino gets a daily hour walk, a bit of a light jog later on, flirt pole and drag weights 2 or 3 times a week... And about what time do you do your practice? his drag sled mornings are at 8 am

·
Registered
349 Posts
lol
Great job makes me cant wait for my first dogs first pull.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
i love the second to last pic! hes like... "yaa thats right! i did that!! IM THE MAN!!"

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I love IT omg ... go Ellis ~! He looks awesome ~!
Did you go upstate New York >?
I had planned on going to one upstate but couldnt find anyone to go with no one wants to get up that early sighz.
But now that I seen Ellis I'm making it my business to get to one maybe I can convince my brother to take me ...

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Hey that is great!!! Good to see people out working their dogs. Do you do any drag weight? You should try it if you dont. Try and get your dog to set its head down and use not only its back feet but shoulders as well!

That is a great start and great pictures.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you do for training? I ask because Chino gets a daily hour walk, a bit of a light jog later on, flirt pole and drag weights 2 or 3 times a week... And about what time do you do your practice? his drag sled mornings are at 8 am
I thought I was doing enough, but I'm going to step it up. I think he would have done better if he wasnt so tired.
Right now I bike with him 1/2 hours almsost every day, sometimes longer depending on how long of a walk we take. We walk 1-2 hours a day. Do the flirt pole and spring pole. I also take him to the tennis court and play fetch about 2x a week. Once a week we are taking lessons on weight pull, so when we go there he pulls for an hour. We just started drag weights this week. We didnt start sooner because I didnt have a harness for him. I'm using a loner for now but his hopefull will be finished by the end of the week.
When you have Chino drag weight how much do you have him drag and for how long. I did it with Ellis yesterday for the first time. I took him to a field and walked him around it twice. Probably about 1 mile. I had him drag a jug filled with sand, about 10#. Hi did it without a problem, though he was panting by the end.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love IT omg ... go Ellis ~! He looks awesome ~!
Did you go upstate New York >?
I had planned on going to one upstate but couldnt find anyone to go with no one wants to get up that early sighz.
But now that I seen Ellis I'm making it my business to get to one maybe I can convince my brother to take me ...
Yes it was in Clifton Park New York. We drove up Friday and stayed the whole weekend. You should defintily try to make the next one.
Here's the info on the next one. Hopefully I'm going to talk my husband into going with me.
Canine Culture Fall Challenge
November 21st and 22nd, 2009

Oneida, New York (1186 Old North Main Street)

Saturday: Wheels
Weigh In: 9:00 am-10:00 am Pull Start: 11:00 am

Sunday: Wheels
Weigh In: 8:30 am-9:00 am Pull Start: 9:00 am

Fees: $15 per dog
$7 per dog novice

Contacts: Lisa Mawson

[email protected]
(315) 280-0107

Prizes: Medals and Ribbons Chief: Steve Jackson
(717) 487-2941
Novice: Novice pull immediately after sanctioned pull Sponsors: Canine Culture Training Center

1 - 14 of 14 Posts