Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jr Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i went out side to play with Elmer and i made him sit so will though the ball, so he wont sit outside he only sits inside he is wierd. I can get him to lay down when i say down but its just really hard to get him to sit and when i do get him to sit its for like.....................................................3 seconds then he gets up and its really hard. And he wont give me the toy when i say drop even when i point down he still wont give it to me. Im kinda geting sick of having to teach him pver AIGAN! :hammer:

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
how are you going about teaching him to sit Carley? are you using positive reinforcement/positive punishment?

·
Jr Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well when he doesent sit i just keep trying with him and sometimes he will sit when i keep trying with him but thats only sometimes

·
Banned
292 Posts
Lady will not come to a full sit outside if the ground is cold/wet and when I do get her to "sit" she doesn't stay that way long. Silly sissy la la dogs. lol

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Are you training with food? try using really good treats like hot dogs or ham and see if he will sit for a treat. Use that to teach him sit to begin with also down and come. later on if he blows you off then I would correct him with his collar but it sounds like he is confused so start over and use motivation like good treats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jayda is the same way. Actually she will sit outside, like if we are on our walks and we have to wait for a car or something she will sit when I tell her to but when we are in the backyard(her area) she will not sit for anything! LOL She is pretty well trained(basics).

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
MY ELMER!!!!!!MINE!!!

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
haha hes 3 times her size and hes at that age that he wants to challenge her. But shes doing really well, shes patient and strong willed and Elmer is a really responsive dog. she still gets frustrated though

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think its the type of things they sit on lol.
Like humans they're picky.
is that wierd lol.
just an odd theory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts