Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how I feel about my dogs results. I am not disagreeing with the breed, only the traits and features . Either my dog got all the recessive genes or are they just giving me a “possibility” not what he actual carries?? Per his breader he is a pocket bully.
Plant Elephant Working animal Mammal Fawn
Dog Pug Dog breed Carnivore Ear
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

Dog Eye Carnivore Dog breed Working animal

Hand Arm Leg Comfort Human body

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Whiskers Working animal

Dog Wood Dog breed Carnivore Flooring

Font Number Electric blue Screenshot Parallel

Product Font Screenshot Number Rectangle

White Product Yellow Font Line

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting. Definitely looks like your pup has a dilute gene, but the results say otherwise?

Have you contacted the customer service to get someone to explain what the results actually mean?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Definitely looks like your pup has a dilute gene, but the results say otherwise?

Have you contacted the customer service to get someone to explain what the results actually mean?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I haven’t yet. Wasn’t sure if anyone experienced this with their test as well. I haven’t reached out yet either To them.

·
Administrator
4,794 Posts
It looks pretty spot on to me. The bit about red is indicating that your dog does not have high intensity red and that it is dilute.
Also, your dog appears to be an Exotic Bully and not a pocket class American Bully. The lack of muzzle and tail. Also they breed in other breeds to get the exotic look they want. There's no real breed standard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok this is old but I just found it when googling for something else. These traits match perfectly to your dog. He is carrying the genes for both tan points (at) and a black mask (Em) but neither will show up because he received the Dominant Black gene (KB) that prevents red pigment from expressing. He also inherited 2 recessive mutations that affect Dominant Black: one that modifies black to brown (b) and another that dilutes black to gray (d). Combine them together and you get dilute brown aka Isabella/Lilac/Champagne. The only outlier is that he tested as having no genes for white. But that's because this test is looking for the White Spotting gene. There is another cause of white called Irish Spotting that is seen in dogs like Border Collies, Aussies, Boston Terriers, and some Bully breeds that behaves differently but the location of it hasn't been discovered yet so it can't be tested for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts