Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on here looking for some low energy suggestions and saw the post beloe by Ranger, and my situation is quite different. I adopted Jester in October of last year. When I got him, he hadn't had much human interaction. He was ecstatic(sp?) to see me, and when he was tied outside (LOOONG dog run type thing. Our fence was pipe fencing so he would run into the street. Had to keep him tied. Not the case anymore) he would go crazy for attention. He was still a little apprehensive about playing, and just wouldn't do it.
I moved to Waco early this year and my friend was keeping him for me. Well, she took him and had him neutered. (I had NO intention of breeding him, but she still should have gotten permission before doing a procedure like that)
Now I have him back and he has a biiig back yard to run and play in. When I get home from work, he's exited to see me and jumps around, but only for a few minutes. When he comes inside, he gets excited, then goes to our room and just goes to sleep. Always. I've only seen him actually run and play with Mag once. For one lap around the yard. Then he quit. He'll play with us (gently grabbing our hands and trying to catch them, only when we initiate it, and he never bites. Only holds it until we take it back and start over) but not for very long, and he's always laying down when he does it. He's only two and has been checked by a vet with no health concerns. I'm just thinking for an APBT, shouldn't he be a little more energetic? What foods do might you suggest for a more happy, playful dog? He's about three years younger than Magnum (an ambully) and Mag wants to play constantly! I'm thinking it might be his diet. We've been feeding Pedigree complete adult nutrition to both of them. Or it could be because he was neutered. Or it could just be his personality. lol. Any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts