Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up Enzo after his neutering surgery and he was sooo drowsy and cute! We brought him home and took him and Speedy out for a walk to reacquaint them. And their tails were wagging!! We brought Enzo inside and he was so happy! I think he finally got it that he wasn't going back to the shelter!! I wish they could have given him a bath because he smells so bad and we can't bathe him because of the dissolvable sutures! I'm stopping today to get some bath wipes. We got the poop caked on spots off with a regular wet towel.
He slept in his crate like a champ! I was so proud! He seems to inconsistently sit on command. He comes when called, even though we changed his name. He is marking but we are hoping with him just getting neutered that will inhibit that a bit. We are taking him out every 3-4 hours. When we go out and say "go potty" - he does! He has been following me all morning already.
We just can't get over how a sweet dog like him was a stray and no one came looking for him for months. It destroys me. He is so sweet and loving. When I came downstairs this morning, my fiancé was sitting on the floor and Enzo was sooooo happy to see me and came in for love and snuggles and I wanted to cry. This sweet little darling dog.... followed me into bathroom and waited for me to shower. I move, he moves. He's absolutely amazing! We are so lucky....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
We picked up Enzo after his neutering surgery and he was sooo drowsy and cute! We brought him home and took him and Speedy out for a walk to reacquaint them. And their tails were wagging!! We brought Enzo inside and he was so happy! I think he finally got it that he wasn't going back to the shelter!! I wish they could have given him a bath because he smells so bad and we can't bathe him because of the dissolvable sutures! I'm stopping today to get some bath wipes. We got the poop caked on spots off with a regular wet towel.
He slept in his crate like a champ! I was so proud! He seems to inconsistently sit on command. He comes when called, even though we changed his name. He is marking but we are hoping with him just getting neutered that will inhibit that a bit. We are taking him out every 3-4 hours. When we go out and say "go potty" - he does! He has been following me all morning already.
We just can't get over how a sweet dog like him was a stray and no one came looking for him for months. It destroys me. He is so sweet and loving. When I came downstairs this morning, my fiancé was sitting on the floor and Enzo was sooooo happy to see me and came in for love and snuggles and I wanted to cry. This sweet little darling dog.... followed me into bathroom and waited for We are so lucky....

He is so lucky...........
Sounds like your pup is becoming apart of the family. Nice to hear. A lot of these dogs have many reasons to be mad at the world. Wishing you Good luck!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
Happy to hear all went well Joanna. Thanks for the update.
Don't know if the vet that neutered Enzo mentioned it but for the next couple of days try to keep Enzo down and rested while he heals. That would include no walks or running around in the house or yard. You may have to take him out on a leash to avoid him running. Just a well meant suggestion.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Nice and he is so cute!! You can also buy sprays to help clean your boy before a bath can be given.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts