Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would make a thread of Enzo's progression on the springpole since he seemed to not have any interest in it at first and I also figured this might help some people out as well that had the same issue.

So here is Enzo's springpole...

Unfortunately we dont have any trees in our yard so I had to come up with something to make him a springpole.

At first Enzo had no interest in it what so ever. I had the rope hanging about 2 and a half feet from the ground. Not too high but high enough for him to stand on his hind legs and grap it. We'll he really didnt want anything to do with it and I thought I just wasted all that time and money for nothing, but then some people suggested to lower it some and see what will hapen.

A couple days ago I ended up lowering the rope to where the bottom of the bite rope is barely touching the ground. Once Enzo saw that the rope was at ground level he started to show some interest. He wasnt tugging yet but was more like boxing it and hitting it with his snout and started to bite it some.

Today he started to show alot more interest. I grabbed the rope and started to shake it around and he ended up going after it and started to bite the rope. While he was biting the rope I started to act like I was playing tug o war with him and he started to tug on the springpole on his own and he did that for a couple minutes then let go. So I ended up reapeating what I did and it worked.

After about a week of him getting use to the springpole at this level I will slowly increase the height by a couple inches and leave it there for about another week and keep raising it everytime until it is at a comfortable height for him, but to where his hind legs are still touching the ground so it will be able to work him out as well.

I will update this thread with any progession of him on the springpole and post some pictures up too. Maybe some video footage also.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Bernie is not into his either I am going to try what you suggested. I am ordering cowhides tomorrow morning I am praying that does the job :(

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bernie is not into his either I am going to try what you suggested. I am ordering cowhides tomorrow morning I am praying that does the job :(
I will be ordering some cow hides too.

At first I thought it was the rope why he wasnt showing any interest but as soon as I lowered it, he acted completely different.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awesome. Dosia wasn't into his at first cause I had it way too high. But now he's jumping way way up there. :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Dosia wasn't into his at first cause I had it way too high. But now he's jumping way way up there. :D
Enzo's weird. My friend brought his pup over and she played with it like she was a pro and it was her first time. I guess every dog is different when it comes to springpoles

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Yea Marley has no interest in them at all he just looks at it like I'm crazy :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah each dog has their different level of interests. I didn't think my 11 mo old pup would care since he never chases after ropes i drag around. One day I shook a small tree to get leaves off and I see him flying up, snatching a branch face high and breaking it off. he had a bad fall, but then I thought maybe a springpole would be nice.

It's been a week since, and he is obsessed with the springpole. Bastard whines and cries all day when he sees the spingpole as if someone is strangling him. lol

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Enzo's weird. My friend brought his pup over and she played with it like she was a pro and it was her first time. I guess every dog is different when it comes to springpoles
funny i seen your post.

Anubis never played with a springpole until she came over here. she went at it like your friends dog did...like a pro. LOL!

Riley's a little pistol now with it she's too the point where if you try to get her off she holds on. xD LOL! like, NOPE im not done keelingit yet mum.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
awesome set-up... can't wait to see my pups try the springpole out. looks like they will have a blast!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried the rope and the cowhide he is just not interested. I also lowered it. Im going to have a friend bring his dog over who has a springpole. Hopefully he will watch the other dog and get motivated. Im not going to stop trying because building this thing by myself took alot of time.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow that is really nice! I wanted to do something like that but I wasnt sure how much my HOA would have bitched at me since it would have been "visible from the road". Never will I live in another HOA neighborhood after this one.

I'm suprised they havent said anything to be about his current one. Its not much higher than our 6' fence tho. But oh well they will have to deal with it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, my wife is afraid our HOA will complain... but you cannot see ours from the street. It is perfectly hidden behind the house, plus there are no homes behind ours so no neighbors will not complain. Lucky positioning I guess! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts