Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
haha I took that the older dog was the dad so i was as confused as menace, lol.

Cute looking pup AND boxer :) love their little snouts

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
If the dog has AKC papers that would make the pup an Amstaff. She is cute though.

Reactions: EL CUCO

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Beautiful! Welcome to the forum :)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
If the dog has AKC papers that would make the pup an Amstaff. She is cute though.
Took the words right out of my mouth! Lol

Cute boxer and pup!

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that's what the papers said when the lady gave them to me... Then I was confused because I told her "I thought this was a pit bull". She told me genetically they are the same but the akc sugar coats the name so. I think it's dumb they have to sugar coat the name because I own a pitbull, and I am not going to sugar coat my baby's name so some ignorant civilian is not offended I own a pit.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gorgeous Dog

reminded me of this dog lol
Haha! That's why the lady was getting rid of the pit, her boxer apparently wasn't getting along with the pup. I personally am not a fan of boxers. Back in htown where I'm from, at my parents home, I have a rat terrier chihuahua mix and a king Charles spaniel...the kcs is probablly my second favorite breed of dog!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Yes that's what the papers said when the lady gave them to me... Then I was confused because I told her "I thought this was a pit bull". She told me genetically they are the same but the akc sugar coats the name so. I think it's dumb they have to sugar coat the name because I own a pitbull, and I am not going to sugar coat my baby's name so some ignorant civilian is not offended I own a pit.
not entirely true. They are actually 2 separate breeds for years now. APBT are typically bred for drive and AmStaff are typically bred for show, but have evolved into 2 breeds. Pit Bull is just a generic term that covers a lot of breeds, Am Bully, Am Staff, pitterstaff, staffie bull, APBT are all a type of pit bull. But there are many breeds that can be called a pit :)

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not entirely true. They are actually 2 separate breeds for years now. APBT are typically bred for drive and AmStaff are typically bred for show, but have evolved into 2 breeds. Pit Bull is just a generic term that covers a lot of breeds, Am Bully, Am Staff, pitterstaff, staffie bull, APBT are all a type of pit bull. But there are many breeds that can be called a pit :)
Oh wow I didn't know that. I did a very little bit of research on the subject earlier and I did read that the staffordshire was bred more for show/were called nanny dogs (adorable) and the pits to be aggressive towards other dogs. But both still are half am bull dog and terrier 50/50. I just feel like I don't want to hide the pit name just because people are afraid, but it does sound more legitimate calling her an amstaff because of her breeding history. But I'll still call her a pitbull so ignorant people can be afraid :)

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys if anyone can read this I need a little info. Her nose is pink with black dots around, does anyone know if her nose will eventually be solid? I also read that pink noses are a sign of overbreeding :(

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Don't call her a Pit if she is an AmStaff. And WHY would you want people to be afraid? That is ridiculous. These dogs get a bad enough rap as is, why do you want to make it worse?
Please read up. AmStaffs and APBT's have been separate breeds for QUITE some time now. And there is nothing wrong with having an AmStaff.
Her nose may eventually go solid. My pups nose did and hers had less black than yours.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't call her a Pit if she is an AmStaff. And WHY would you want people to be afraid? That is ridiculous. These dogs get a bad enough rap as is, why do you want to make it worse?
Please read up. AmStaffs and APBT's have been separate breeds for QUITE some time now. And there is nothing wrong with having an AmStaff.
Her nose may eventually go solid. My pups nose did and hers had less black than yours.
Ok thank you. And it's not a fear thing, it's an educational thing. I want to call her a pitbull and have her to be mannered well. But I see we're everyone is coming from she is an 'amstaff'. Im not trying to increase fear, but raise awareness that if my pup is well raised, and sweet...then the pit myths might be raised to question. I never want her to be seen as a menace due to her breed is all I'm saying.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I see what your saying, but you would still be misleading people by calling her a Pit Bull. AmStaffs are great dogs, so are APBT's. But I wouldn't call an APBT an AmStaff.

·
Registered
816 Posts
im sure nose will end up solid with pink spotting maybe...just a wild educated guess

cutie for sure.... but the boxer looks upset! lol

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I read up on it some more and I think so too. On google it says there is something called snow/winter nose and during summer and fall the nose is normal colored, then when winter comes the nose pigmentation changes. I am gonna take her to the doctor though just to make sure she isn't allergic to sonething.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts