Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know we have taken on an older APBT whilst moving house. He is actually only about 11 I though he was older he looks alot older.

Its spring here so its not like its hot. But this dog drinks SOOO much water he will lap it up for about 3-4 minutes at a time and does this all throughout the day. I've had no experience with this and sure its not normal. He is heavily obese this may be why???

This is him, his name is Cyris :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Not normal and could be an indicator of several diseases and at that age I would do a blood test to confirm what is going on. Anything from Diabetes to cushing's. That needs to be treated by a vet to get the proper diagnoses and treatment.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
was thinking diabetes as well, cute boy how did he end up with you?

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will let the owner know that im concerned about how much water he is drinking. I have put him on a diet too hehe.

AB - A friend has let me and my partner move into his house and he is going to move out, where he is going he cannot take Cyris, so the condition was we take him on. Which mean Stage is chained all day now :( I take him out in the car with me. I just wish I could walk him, being as pregnant as I am I can't as he pulls so much.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ohhh well thats sweet of you to help him out. You all ready for baby now? your down to the last days I see those are always the worst I was so impatient at that time plus the heat probably doesnt help. wont be long before you can walk stage again , poor boy having to be chained i bet he is saving up all that energy for you lol.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Shoot girl I was 8 months pregnant wrestling with Dave's Bob trying to cut his nails! lol You can take him for a walk ;) Gosh I can't wait till you have the baby! YAY
OMG so jealous!! I wanna go play with big Bob. Freakin love that dog :)

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took him out for the whole day today. And to the beach for a little while too, it was better than i thought he listened quite well. LOL Lisa wresling with dogs :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts