Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 11 days since she was spayed, she has no sutures (they used glue), she seems ready to play. But I don't know when exactly I should start letting her run around?

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
I would give it at least 10-14 days if it was puppy. If it was a grown dog a week more. Pups heal much faster. Usually, the vet will want to see the dog in two weeks for a follow up and to make sure the incision is doing OK. They should be able to give you the all clear for normal activity then.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Believe it or not, my vet gave me the a-ok on activity for Nala 24 hours after her spay. She had internal stitches/glue as well and he swore it would be ok for her to be as active as she wanted after all the anesthesia was out of her system the next day. We tried to keep her somewhat calm for the first few days but honestly, that didn't work out too well! She ran and jumped and played with her brother, Kaos pretty rough, after just a day or two and we had zero problems. IMHO though, I would give it at least a week. Even though we had absolutely no issues and our vet gave the ok, it just still seems wrong to me! I think we got really lucky. But I'm no vet and we had no issues at day 2, so I'm pretty sure you'll be ok at day 11.

Well, I'm not sure how much help that was, but that was our experience and my thoughts about it anyway :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts