835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this guy a true pit bull connoisseur, or just another
person that thrives on hearsay perpetuating more
half truths?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
WTH? is he for real? SMH ppl like him add to the hype because he has no clue what he is talking about. I like how he said they can be great with little dogs. He said you can train the DA out of a APBT. I would like to send him a few of my GB dogs and let him see what a real APBT is like. Now many of you know my dogs are fine around other dogs because I have control through training however they are still very DA. Just today Siren was on a down stay and another trainer was walking in to the training club with her Goldens and was letting them get into Sirens face. Siren almost rearranged their face without breaking the down stay! Everyone just yelled at her for letting her dogs basically run my dog over. Siren is VERY DA however I can have her around other dogs but if I took her to a dog park and let her run around off leash I would be on the news for "dog park blood bath". I understand the breed and what they were bred for and respect that. So I do not put them in situations where they can get into trouble like dog parks. Now I do have small dogs with my dogs but I watch them like a hawk!

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Just another reason why this breed is not for everyone. Yes, they are misunderstood, but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to go out and get one or that everyone has the capacity to train and care for one properly.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
People like this would be a good addition to Junkyard's "Downfall" thread in the Working Section. Well meaning do-gooders that convince people that pit bulls are just like any other dog and that it's all how you raise them. This is how people's "other dogs" get mauled and another pit bull gets put down. Oh, and prong collars make them mean too!

·
Registered
116 Posts
HMmmmm... where ever he got his rose coloured glasses I'd like to buy a pair. He's scewing the truth abit. Wondering if he's talking about training like Performance- or is he just a nutbag?

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Wow, I disagree w/everyone it seems, HAHAHA.. I think his Intentions are good, weather there all correct is another story.. What makes me different from most on this forum (OR MAYBE MOST ACTIVE USERS IT SEEMS) is that I dont Compete in Anything. I sure can see where some of you with game dogs Etc are laughing at this Guy. But this was a Generalized LAYMONDS terms Informative Video, atleast thats what he was trying to Accomplish i think.
ATLEAST the Report was Positive, i mean come on Peep's, We Complain about all the negitive Report's, but then when we see a Positive Report we laugh and make fun of the Guy, lol..Thats seems Kinda Silly.
Can Any pitbull be raised to be good with children or NON-DA, H*ll NO, i had to put one down at 4 mos old because it was CRAZY and Attacked everything like a Darn GREMLIN !! So yes i agree it was alittle on the Misinforming Side. But I'm glad it was a Step to helping others Understand that SOME AMSTAFF/BULLY Breeds can be Good Family Animals. This could be positive feedback that sends someone to a rescue where they will receive PROPER information and Maybe the Rescue could have a 3 yr old APBT that is a Good Family dog for them. It just seems Like 1 Step in the Right Direction to me. ;)

Reactions: Lex's Guardian

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wow, I disagree w/everyone it seems, HAHAHA.. I think his Intentions are good, weather there all correct is another story.. What makes me different from most on this forum (OR MAYBE MOST ACTIVE USERS IT SEEMS) is that I dont Compete in Anything. I sure can see where some of you with game dogs Etc are laughing at this Guy. But this was a Generalized LAYMONDS terms Informative Video, atleast thats what he was trying to Accomplish i think.
ATLEAST the Report was Positive, i mean come on Peep's, We Complain about all the negitive Report's, but then when we see a Positive Report we laugh and make fun of the Guy, lol..Thats seems Kinda Silly.
Can Any pitbull be raised to be good with children or NON-DA, H*ll NO, i had to put one down at 4 mos old because it was CRAZY and Attacked everything like a Darn GREMLIN !! So yes i agree it was alittle on the Misinforming Side. But I'm glad it was a Step to helping others Understand that SOME AMSTAFF/BULLY Breeds can be Good Family Animals. This could be positive feedback that sends someone to a rescue where they will receive PROPER information and Maybe the Rescue could have a 3 yr old APBT that is a Good Family dog for them. It just seems Like 1 Step in the Right Direction to me. ;)
yeah well just bc an organization calls itself a rescue doesnt ness mean they have "proper information". i can see both sides w/ this vid, but im leaning toward more of thinkin this guys an idiot, w/ ignorant but good intentions. i have a comment to add abt getting a 3yo apbt as a good family pet. but since i am at work and wont be able to reply to all the quotes/ comments im gonna get i might have to wait til i get home lol

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
what a worm! This guy is a nut.. sure he's helped a few APBT people he's no dogman, LOL his clients are foo foo dogs and cityfied pedigreed labs, huskies, and border collies.. LOL Na Paddy; you know the bulldog connoisseur is right here on this forum, hahaha lol ;)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I agree with you about him putting the breed in a positive light. However, what makes people like this dangerous is that he would have people believe that DA can be trained out of a dog or is a product of it's environment. DA can be managed not eliminated. I'm sure every person on here with more than one dog has seen at least signs of DA if not an all out fight. The APBT and related breeds came from dogs bred to fight. It's not all about prey drive as he was trying to say (although it can be a factor).

This leads to people rushing out to shelters to rescue bull breeds to become part of their "packs" and expecting them to all get along. Some may get lucky but others won't.

Reactions: dixieland

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
I agree with you about him putting the breed in a positive light. However, what makes people like this dangerous is that he would have people believe that DA can be trained out of a dog or is a product of it's environment. DA can be managed not eliminated. I'm sure every person on here with more than one dog has seen at least signs of DA if not an all out fight. The APBT and related breeds came from dogs bred to fight. It's not all about prey drive as he was trying to say (although it can be a factor).

This leads to people rushing out to shelters to rescue bull breeds to become part of their "packs" and expecting them to all get along. Some may get lucky but others won't.
:goodpost: Well You have a Very valid point, I hope most Rescues are as STIFF as the Ones I went to Before I had 2 purchased my last 2 Pup's...
BECAUSE I had another Amstaff and Wouldnt allow them to Personally Call my INSURANCE company I was Denide a Adoption....:hammer:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts

:goodpost:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts