Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite wild animals? Mine are wolves, panda's, and pretty much any big cat. :) Oh and I also love polar bears!!!

For ocean life, my favorite is the killer whale.

·
parasite killer
518 Posts
I love apes. LoL, gorillas are they apes? I have loved them since before I can even remember. I used to look out my grandparents back window into the darkness and tell my grandpa that theres gorill la la las out there when I was around 4yrs old.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gorrilla's are different than apes, but I am not sure how. I think it's an alligator/crocodile thing.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I love apes. LoL, gorillas are they apes? I have loved them since before I can even remember. I used to look out my grandparents back window into the darkness and tell my grandpa that theres gorill la la las out there when I was around 4yrs old.
Gorrilla's are different than apes, but I am not sure how. I think it's an alligator/crocodile thing.
Hominoidea or anthropoid apes - tail-less primates
Includes gibbons, orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and humans
Modern species evolved from same ancestral stock that produced humans
DNA evidence indicates divergence from human line 5-7 million years ago
DNA of chimpanzees and humans is 98.4% similar
Similarities in the proteins hemoglobin and myoglobin indicate that the chimpanzee is our closest relative
Hylobatidae - Gibbons - The most primitive branch of the tail-less apes
Pongidae - Orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas
Hominidae - Humans

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I am a Roo person. Having been able to raise many Kangaroos myself I love them and appreciate them as wild animals.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My favorite wildlife animal is a Raccoon, I raised some when I was younger and I loved it, I also, like owls and any big cat

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I loooove and obsese (sp) about alligators,crocodiles,and anything in the related families.I don't know why,it's always been this way with me since I was a kid.They are my favorite animals of all and if I could work with them, I would.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Hominoidea or anthropoid apes - tail-less primates
Includes gibbons, orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and humans
Modern species evolved from same ancestral stock that produced humans
DNA evidence indicates divergence from human line 5-7 million years ago
DNA of chimpanzees and humans is 98.4% similar
Similarities in the proteins hemoglobin and myoglobin indicate that the chimpanzee is our closest relative
Hylobatidae - Gibbons - The most primitive branch of the tail-less apes
Pongidae - Orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas
Hominidae - Humans
I guess this would help clarify. There are prosimians in the primate order which are tree shrews etc and then there are anthropoidea which are monkeys, apes, and humans
Monkeys
New World monkeys or Ceboidea - not involved in evolution of humans

Includes spider monkey, capuchin, and marmosete Most are small and have prehensile tails. The oldest fossils are Oligocene from South America.

Then there are Old World monkeys or Cercopithecoidea which are baboons, mandrills, macaques, rhesus monkeys, and Barbary ape. Their nostrils are close together and directed downward like in humans. Their tails are not prehensile.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
This is a hard question. I have a hard time saying one or two things are my favorites of anything. I love each animal for its own uniqueness. I saw a fox today and my heart got just happy. He was so beautiful and in good shape too. I see Ravens everyday on my way to work I know that my day will be just fine as they are watching over me. The Bear omg to see a bear is a wonderful thing I like knowing that I have one down the road makes me feels safe. The wolves, the dear, the chipmunk all are special and very dear to me.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I guess this would help clarify. There are prosimians in the primate order which are tree shrews etc and then there are anthropoidea which are monkeys, apes, and humans
Monkeys
New World monkeys or Ceboidea - not involved in evolution of humans

Includes spider monkey, capuchin, and marmosete Most are small and have prehensile tails. The oldest fossils are Oligocene from South America.

Then there are Old World monkeys or Cercopithecoidea which are baboons, mandrills, macaques, rhesus monkeys, and Barbary ape. Their nostrils are close together and directed downward like in humans. Their tails are not prehensile.
Damn mama!!!!! You are on it!!! To the OP, snakes ( cause I raised many), monitors, and THE GREAT WHITE SHARK, there is no creature I fear more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reptiles in the wild are awesome.. but my favorite wild animal(s) would have to be the Wolves and Mustangs that we get around here. Nothing more amazing the hearing wolves howl or seeing a herd of mustangs running free.

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Tigers, hands down. They are amazingly beautiful and powerful animals.

I also love all manner of birds, I think they are comical. Most people see pigeons and think "rat with wings" but I like to watch them when I am walking from the bus stop to work and they are fricking hilarious! Something about birds just makes me smile.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Damn mama!!!!! You are on it!!! To the OP, snakes ( cause I raised many), monitors, and THE GREAT WHITE SHARK, there is no creature I fear more.
LOL putting that Historical Geology degree to use!! Knew it would come in handy some day. lmfao

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Cougars
Lions
Tigers (all kinds)
Leopards (all kinds)
Bermese and Rocks Pythons
Boa Constrictors
Crocodiles
Tarantulas, Goliath Bird Eating spiders, Camel Spiders
Hawks, Eagles, Komodo Dragons, abyssal zone dwelling creatures
Great White Sharks, Leopard Sharks, Whale Sharks....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts