Go Pitbull Forums banner

Fayetteville BSL Meeting, 12/5/11 @ 6PM

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  KMdogs 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I just joined this group, have a pitty pup myself. I called this shelter, asked about the BSL and they are supposed to be "just discussing it". Anyone want to atternd the meeting?

I am up Burlington way and may go there to get the scope myself.

#2 ·
I am going.That's what they told me is that they are just discussing the notion and it will probably not be passed.That someone overhead something they shouldn't have from the shelter manager and took it out of context.Yeah right.They have also been getting death threats because of it.
Hold on a minute and let me get the link to the news story

#3 ·
You should access public records and look at Oklahoma Supreme Court... They conducted that BSL is a slippery slope and has no ground to stand on and thus eradicating the BSL movement in Okla by saying anyone who suffers BSL from town or county bring to the State Supreme court and they will handle it ...

BSL breeds bite less people than the mixed breeds and other pure bred dogs .. the difference is BSL is wanting to BAN dogs that CAN protect YOU...

#6 ·
I was disappointed after the meeting last night.While they said they will not ban the adoption of these breeds but rather make anyone wanting to adopt them do a background check,I was still unhappy with how things went.
It was a bunch of rescue nuts and "fur mommies" who showed up to support the bully breeds.Some of their suggestions as to how to handle things instead of not adopting these dogs out were ridiculous.They were all for mandatory spay and neuter of anyone owning these dogs and making people owning over 4 obtain a breeding license.Bullshit!I own 4 right now.So what if I get one more I must be breeding them and need to pay to have a license and if I don't then I must pay hefty fines.
They were all about saying it's the people,not the dogs.There's too many byb'ing going on with this breed.That if you own that many dogs and you're a byb with this breed you're a dog fighter.Keep in mind these things were being said by the people who were there to stick up for the breed!smh
Oh and they even suggested surprise visits to people's homes who own them to make sure they're telling the truth about how many they own and what they're doing with them.Ok people why don't we just go ahead and hand over our dogs to them.Because y'all have just opened up the door for them to do that in the future.:mad:

#7 ·
WTF??? DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE... Regulation and Control is the opposite of Liberty and Guarantees?

I just got completely hacked reading this :poop: Lisa I cannot believe that people have all turned into a bunch of "slackjaws"

I'd like to ban BSL from every state....... but first we gotta do something about "stupid"....

#9 · (Edited)
No I'm not that suprised,just disappointed is all.I was hoping that there would be more people show up that weren't shelter nuts.
I didn't speak.Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't know about the meeting until right before it and it was already too late for me to sign up to speak.I'm not even sure if I'm the right person to speak up for this breed.I know I know some but I still have a long way to go.
I'm sure none of them would have like what I had to say anyways and I would have been labeled.
I'm going to keep an eye and ear out with this though so next time (which i'm sure there will be) I can be better prepared to speak up should I need to.

Oh and yeah Stan they were saying 'well if people aren't doing anything bad with their pit bulls then they won't mind having y'all keep track of their dogs and what they're doing with them and registering them.'
One of the fur mommies actually brought up the dog park also.She said 'when you go to the dog park you see all the dogs playing together happily.it's not the dogs,it's the owners training their dogs to be mean or bad.' :stick:

#11 ·
No I'm not that suprised,just disappointed is all.I was hoping that their would be more people show up that weren't shelter nuts.
I didn't speak.Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't know about the meeting until right before it and it was already too late for me to sign up to speak.I'm not even sure if I'm the right person to speak up for this breed.I know I know some but I still have a long way to go.
I'm sure none of them would have like what I had to say anyways and I would have been labeled.
I'm going to keep an eye and ear out with this though so next time (which i'm sure there will be) I can be better prepared to speak up should I need to.

Oh and yeah Stan they were saying 'well if people aren't doing anything bad with their pit bulls then they won't mind having y'all keep track of their dogs and what they're doing with them and registering them.'
One of the fur mommies actually brought up the dog park also.She said 'when you go to the dog park you see all the dogs playing together happily.it's not the dogs,it's the owners training their dogs to be mean or bad.' :stick:
Yeah thats one reason i try my hardest not to attend those type of meetings... Me and fur mommy pro dog park people don't go well together.

thats dangerous and imo shes rolling the dice with her dogs lives every time.

i agree, you talk with even an ounce of knowledge about these dogs and you get labeled, fast. its been proven that they dont need anything on you to kill all your hard work too. i have alot of transcripts from courts and theyre letting a lot of these dogmen go but they go back to an empty yard.

dont ever let anyone into your home that doesnt have a warrant. owning apbt is not probable cause. if you own a gun it doesnt make you a murderer, if you have a child it doesnt make you a pedophile. its like these people dont get that theres plenty to do with these dogs that isnt illegal
It can be dangerous but at the same time its a catch 22.. Without people like Lisa speaking truth in a more than likely watered down approach for all to understand, no one would get that information out and it would be that much worse..

I see what your saying but at the end of the day it is needed.. Unfortunately times have changed and its a drastic landslide from the golden days.. Dog men/women and doggers have to play slightly different roles involving these dogs if theres any hope in keeping these dogs we love.

No matter how you look at it, its bad.. We live in America (at least many of us do) and this shouldn't be happening here.. This country is so far gone from where its foundation lays it might as well be called something different.

Reactions: dixieland
#12 ·
i hope i didnt get missunderstood from what i wrote. i like lisa and what she does, i agree its needed and im sure she understands the risk. it just sucks, blows my mind everytime i hear about a yard being raided, them finding nothing and the dogs being killed anyway

#13 ·
I dont think i misunderstood ya, just more or less elaborating.. In these ages its a risk just owning what the public perceives as a "pit bull".. Much more so any breed bred to perform and excel in purpose.. including the APBT though ironically the general public doesn't understand what an APBT even looks like so theoretically the hounds are safe even though they aren't..

Life is too short to care and worry so much, do as you please mind your own business and try to get these hounds back on track.. I'm never really moved in any where because the second BSL may pass, i've got my bags packed and moving on.. I refuse to give in to what the government says i should or shouldn't own on my own yard.. I pay taxes and responsible, i have the right to own whatever i so wish so long as its not causing harm to others.. Though i have that right as well it would be far more understandable in terms of government stepping in if i were to blow up my neighbors house or somethin.. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.