Go Pitbull Forums banner

Feedback on breeder reputation

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  aus_staffy 
#1 ·
I'm seriously considering purchasing one of the pups available from Nevada Kennels. Based on the research I've done I haven't encountered any negative vibes about this breeder, in fact most of what I've found points toward a responsible breeder. I'd like to know if any of the members on this forum have had any experience with the dogs from Nevada Kennels, and if so would really appreciate your feedback. Many thanks - kimsam

#2 ·
My dog has a bunch of Nevada blood, I haven't worked with them but they seem to have a lot of dogs that are taken care of very well. I believe they health test their stock so I think they are legit.

#3 ·
Thanks - good to know. The only remaining question I have relates to their drive. While I know they are not gamebred dogs, and I'm fine with this, I still want an APBT that retains some of the drive and spirit that the breed is known for. I just hope that because Nevada Kennels breeds mostly for show and conformation their dogs haven't lost those other characteristics. That's my only concern.

#4 ·
In my opinion you can have a liter of gambred puppies and not all of them are going to be drivey. It really depends on the dog, but in general the breed still maintains athleticism and I don't know if you ever owned a gamebred dog but I heard they are a handful. I had an unpapered pit that could kill a 3 mile hike come back to my yard and start runing in circles like a maniac. So I think you are going to be alright, I have a Bully crossed with Nevada blood and he is drivey but he is not obsessive to the point that the dog doesn't stop moving. He is a heck of a puller and can go for a while but he doesn't need to be on a threadmill daily to be calm.

#7 ·
Not to discourage you or anything but it is a good thing you are going for a conformation type dog instead of a gamebred one. Dealing with dog agression and an extremely atheltic breed is a lot of work specially if it is the first time you are dealing with the breed. I can honestly tell you that with my first pit there were no rest days, rain shine or snow it did not matter that dog had to be worked or he would be extremely annoying inside the home. Bernie gets annoying but he has a very small gas tank and after weight pulling and sprints he is done for the day :roll:

#8 ·
Twilight is still a puppy but she has a ton o energy. 3 mile walk. She'll take a nap then be ready to go again. Some flirt pole she'll be tired but ready to go again after a little rest. Holly's(american_pit13) dogs also have Nevada lines and they are not easy to tire out.

Kimsam. Welcome to the board :welcome: if I forgot to welcome you before. If you get the pup I'd love to see pics. I wanted one of the puppies from the litter she has now but she's keeping her. lol.

#10 · (Edited)
Janice is great and you could defiantly talk to her about any of your concerns. I have talked with her a few times between her kennel and at shows. She is very wise breeder who breeds to her choosing and doesn't just follow the crowd. One of the better UKC breeders IMO. Almost all my dogs carry quite a bit Nevada and a very well tempered and very drivy as far as UKC dogs go.

Both the APBT litters she has right now are very nice breedings.

#11 ·
Call Janice tell you what you want and if she can fill your order she will if she cant she will be honest, she is not the type of breeder who tries to sell you on her dogs, you either like them or you dont and she is about the breed not the money so she wont place a dog your going to be unhappy with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.