Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings good people. I am happy to have found this forum.

So I just adopted a 4 year old female. She is about 58 pounds and I am wondering how much to feed her. The SPCA said they were feeding her 1 1/2 cups of dry food in the morning and in the evening. This seems like not enough. She always seems hungry after I feed her.

Any thoughts? thanks so much.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I feed RAW and encourage everyone to do their research on feeding RAW and then make the switch; however, that is easier said than done. Make sure you feed a quality food such as

NON GRAIN FOODS
* Orijen
* Taste of the Wild
* Blue Buffalo Wilderness

There are others and you should check out this thread with the review on dog foods and grades on the majority of brands out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks pitbullmamanatl,

we are feeding her taste of the wild. i was wondering more about how much to feed her given her age and weight. she is 4 years old and is about 58 pounds.

thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
It also depends on the activity level. One of mine is fairly sedate, and she gets 3/4 of a cup twice a day (so 1.5 cups total). A more active dog would rapidly become lean on such a diet.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks bahamutt99,

she is fairly active but not super active. sounds like we are feeding her enough. 1 1/2 cup in the morning and also in the evening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts