Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfin tha net and came across this on doggies.com

"By 30 days after mating, the embryos are big enough to be felt through the dog's abdominal wall. They will be about walnut-sized and can be felt well enough to determine how many puppies are in your pregnant dog. A dog pregnancy ultrasound can be taken at this point to verify the pregnant dog's litter size. Symptoms at this point are pretty easy to spot, as the dog's abdomen is rapidly growing"

My bitch is around 30 days pregnant if you want to count from first day of mating. Anyway I was wondering if any of yall had a tip, or could help me in feeling for pups lol I dont feel anything really. Im not 100% sure she is prego and when I called to set up an appointment they said to wait til after 5 weeks, so I figured I would wait til later to knock everything out at once, but in the mean time Im very anxious and check her everyday looking for some new signs. Her teets are bigger, but she did this last time and was not bred (false pregnancy)

And out of curiosity does any of yalls dogs have an extra nipple? Mine has 11 lol 1 extra close to her belly bottom. Wonder if it will produce milk too? lol

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I have a few dogs with extra nipples some do get milk some don't. It takes a skilled hand to feel for pups that early and I could never do it. I have vets that will palpate and do a good job of it but not all vets know what to feel for. I have done ultrasound too and we found out the breeding never took. The only thing you can do it wait, I know it sucks but if you don;t know what your feeling it's hard to tell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.