Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
im pretty sure all the abkc standards are in the bullies 101 section.That also gives a visual for the breed standard of the different classes

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
http://theabkcdogs.org/breeds/american-bully/standard/ theres the link to the ABKC it explains the diffrences in classes , bully are put in classes judged by height and one class judged by body mass. There is also on there site the registration form , I recommend you register your dog with them as well it caters more to the bully standard, we all have UKC papers for our bullys but the bully really doesnt fit the standard they have set , the ABKC is apparently are closing there books for single registration next year sometime so good to get that in now , besides its only $20 I believe for us residents to register with them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
yea standard is17"-20" for males most dogs fall into that class.Classic class is the same height range but less overall mass and slightly more of the UKC look.Its hard to tell what class the dog actually belongs in till' they are mature.ive heard of dogs really filliin' out after 2.

·
Registered
780 Posts
http://theabkcdogs.org/breeds/american-bully/standard/ theres the link to the ABKC it explains the diffrences in classes , bully are put in classes judged by height and one class judged by body mass. There is also on there site the registration form , I recommend you register your dog with them as well it caters more to the bully standard, we all have UKC papers for our bullys but the bully really doesnt fit the standard they have set , the ABKC is apparently are closing there books for single registration next year sometime so good to get that in now , besides its only $20 I believe for us residents to register with them.
If only i could cut/paste on here lol

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
ok angel ill register him think you can get me the website Ill do that pronto. oops I reread your post and got it angel thanks

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
on the APBT? there are tons lol , what exactly are you looking for I can help narrow it down.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
my wife and I are doing comparisons on apbt and bully you gave us the bully thread but we couldnt find an apbt one. we are debating in house what our boy is hehehe

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
There are lots of threads I will give you some , but bloodline dtermines what your dog is not looks just so you know , Alot of people think because they have leaner bullys then most that they are therfore an APBT but thats not the case. with the bloodlines you listed your dog is a bully. But have you read into how the bully was created? there is APBT and amstaff blood in there which is why people get so confused and that along with the UKC papers that say APBT it just throws them into huge confusion , usually back yard breeders list there bullys as pitbulls when they sell them as well { I guess it helps sales or something} here are some threads to check out
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-di...rison-not-just-american-pit-bull-terrier.html
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-di...vs-american-pit-bull-terrier-differences.html
threre are some posts on here about the history of the APBT you could use the search and look for those , and Im sure you have browsed the bully101 section so I didnt post much on there but checking out the threads on bloodlines like the one labeled razors edge and I believe there is one with grey line you will see some of the original dogs used for the bully and they arent blown out or huge you might be surprised at how they look.

·
Registered
287 Posts
definitely, without a doubt, bully. like others have said, looks dont really say what bloodline your dog is, at least not reliably. the pedigree you posted is of a bully. razors edge, gotti, greyline, ect....all bully lines.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a bully that has longer legs than what you normally see... its what they are saying, its all about pedigree not necessarily just what they look like. when i first came here I was asking the same exact questions you are.

7 months old here

21 - 40 of 55 Posts